PM Kook 2011

Discussion in 'Silver' started by GeordieGirl, Oct 9, 2015.

1. GeordieGirl

GeordieGirl Active Member

Just curious as to why the PM 2011 Kook is still available when other years aren't and why the price is still low. Is there something wrong with it? Just want to know if it's worth me buying it.

If anyone hijacks my post for their own personal vendetta, I will hunt them down and steal all their shiny stuff!! :p :p You know who you are!!! :lol: :lol:

2. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. GeordieGirl

4. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2010 kooks have lower mintage and can be found here and elsewhere(?) for a bit more money ($7) then that but they worth it coz they usually go for around $70

5. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

If you a do bit of research, you will find out why

2011 Kooks were the first year the Kooks when 500,000 mintages. Here is one of the clue.

and so were the Koalas second clues, the rest are up to you find them out....

Chip :D

You should at least attends one of my meeting, if you are in Perth ;)

6. GeordieGirl

Would be very interested in doing that ChipMunk. Can you PM me some info about them? Cheers :)

7. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

Any year kook is a good year.

Are you collecting singles or buying bulk like your first buy? :)

2008 is the kook with the highest premium for bullion 2009 is an anniversary and 2015 is an anniversary, 1998 should in my opinion be up there with 2008 as will 2016 for best kookaburra design so get the 98 while its still fairly cheap,2008 you will be paying top dollar.

1990 and 1991 kooks have a face value of $5 instead of $1,1990-1999 original kooks come in a square capsule and demand a bit more premium than re mints in the normal round capsules.

2007 koala (first release)demands the highest premium followed by 2008 and they just keep going up and up.

Go to Perth Mint website scroll to the bottom of the page look for numismatics and mintages. first release silver coins and low mintage are what to look for at cheap prices.

you already bought some 2015 wedge tailed eagles but try to get some first release low mintage 2014,s. some are selling the 2014 cheaper than last year because it is now an every year mint but 2014 was still the first year and a low mintage.

Just got back from Perth Mint, the new silver bullion Kangaroos on display were heavily marked on the rim and look rubbish quality compared to kooks koalas and wedge tails.

Forgot to add, the Perth Bullion price of the 2011 is a pretty good price but not sure its worth buying bulk for that price, single kooks are a very reasonable prices at PB and comparable if not cheaper to some sold in the trade section here. they dont always have a huge store of these coins so if you see what you want at the right price just buy it (singles I am talking about) :)

8. I was unfortunate to buy quite a few of these back when they were the current Kook and it's one of my rare disappointments, profit wise, especially compared to the other Kooks I have purchased.
    I just liked them at the time and dived in.
    I still like them in fact so no real regrets.
    The thing is you can buy with emotion and personal likes in this game and still win financially as well so don't concern yourself too much with the technicalities.
    Go with your heart, have some fun, enjoy the ride and make some profits.
    That's the unique beauty of silver stacking. You're going to love it!

Yeah, I think I know who you mean. LOL, no worries, I have taken my meds and feel much better now so no more anger issues will issue from me :D

9. fishtaco

Odd number dates! People naturally tend towards even numbers unless its low mintage, I paid quite a handsome premium for my 2011 kook because I wanted one. new collectors come around all the time and with kooks they will all need a 2011 eventually :cool:

10. Odd numbers, I have not heard that before but it makes a lot of sense in a weird sort of way.
    True also that there will always be some demand with people looking for a run or a full set that will need to get a 2011.
    Good point. :)
    I don't think any of the Kooks are a bad choice, I love all of mine and I hope to eventually get a full set. Those ones are going to be keepers for my permanent, personal collection.

11. fishtaco

I am quite surprised looking at your join date that you have rolls of dates but dont already have at least one full set including all the proofs for keepers?

Perhaps I entered this forum as a newbie silver stacker and turned collector thinking everyone else was already collecting full sets?

I am only looking for a 95 and 97 proof 1oz to fulfil my collecting urge I learned here! I have plenty of time to wait for those 2 and gives me a weekly goal in between buying bars :)

Its all a big game! I buy what I desire at the sellers gain, this will end up the same with your 2011,s :)

12. Selectively quoting you but without any bad intentions.

Yep, with the personal collection it's a game and I have plenty of time, but not exactly plenty of cash, so, I wait for buying opportunities.

I do buy impulsively and often pay a bit too much but most times I wait for the right price to crop up to complete my personal collecting goals.
    This can easily get out of hand as I would also like to get a full set of Lunar's, series 1 & 2, why not? A full set of Panda's etc.
    Hmmm, this could start to get expensive.

I'm a bit obsessive by nature so I need to discipline myself and not get carried away as I have family commitments to look out for too, so I just plod along and take my time always muttering, "Lord, grant me patience, and please hurry."

13. GeordieGirl

I hear echoes in my own head when I read these comments of yours, Silver bullitt. Since I found this shiny metal, everything else has paled into insignificance and I spend most of my time researching, searching for, buying, or trying to raise more money so I can buy even more. I decided this morning that I really have to do something constructive with my day ... other than prepare to secure my future that is. ;)

14. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

It turns into quite an addiction. This is similar to my own experiences for the last couple of months. Pace yourself and don't get too deep. This type of game is a long term one. Also keep in mind to secure your future never rely on a single revenue stream. These PM's should supplement whatever else you have planned. These don't grow unless you continue to add to the stack once you start cashing in, it reduces. Add some things that keep on giving. I will tell you from my own experience, I went and dropped a lot of $ early and made some poor decisions even when "you can't go wrong" buys. premiums change. It's not all spectacular, but it can be!

15. What Silverpv just said is really wise and bouncing off that with my thoughts.....
    I don't want to sound condescending but what you are saying there does actually concern me.
    Do please be careful because, all kidding aside, this can be a kind of addiction and I would hate to see you fall into any of the traps associated with stacking.
    There are probably a lot of past threads that deal with some common pitfalls which many have fallen into.
    Buying with borrowed money would be a definite danger sign, Please be very careful there.
    I could go into a very long missive about all of this but if you pay close attention to that detail you should be fairly well ok.
    Do look into some of the dangers though because there most certainly are dangers. Ok? :)

Edit.
    I would not be surprised if one day there is a section on Silverstackers called "Stackers anonymous." :D

16. GeordieGirl

I refuse on principle to buy directly from PM. Call me paranoid, but I don't like the government to know everything I am doing. They already have way too much info on all of us and the fact that PM wants ID for every transaction no matter how small, though not illegal, is unlawful, as the law states that you do not need ID when purchasing under $5000. Purchasing from PM directly means that the government can access info to know what you have stashed and I don't wish them to know what I am buying. :)

17. fishtaco

They didnt ask me for id yesterday when I made a small bullion purchase.

18. fishtaco

Forgot to mention you may want to enquire about a safety deposit box.

19. GeordieGirl