Platinum bullion /coins, how liquid are they?

Discussion in 'Platinum' started by phrenzy, Dec 6, 2014.

1. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

Hi all.
    I've had an opportunity to nab a nice platinum 1/2 oz koala coin at a reasonable price but I'm not sure if there are any pitfalls when it comes to the other white metal.

I assume that things are less liquid when it comes to platinum and palladium (less people interested / fewer metals buyers take it)?

Apart from that I take it things are roughly the same when it comes to premiums and costs involved with owning physical?

Any general differences worth mentioning you've noticed between holding gold and silver vs platinum (or palladium/rhodium) would be appreciated.

2. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Alright for some diversity. You can trade ratios with gold and silver....swap/sell for a (potentially) better deal of either as prices fluctuate.

3. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

Forget rhodium imo
    I buy platinum and palladium at the right price. Just the same as other pms.

4. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There is no doubt the PGMs will lead the next rally in pm. SS members used to laugh at me buying Pd and Pt as they stated they were non monitory metals. What a joke.. PGMs have done better than the monetary metals these past 2 years. Liquidity - please no issue at all.

5. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

I did ok. Just won the auction so I'm now a platinum stacker. My 1/2 ounce platinum proof koala and silver ingot in jarrah wood presentation box should be with me soon. Also won some nice proof $200 gold coins. I'll be curious to see how the pt performs, given the GSR/PSR I'll likely try and trade it for silver or sell it to pay for Although, I might sell the gold and keep the pt, can't hurt to have a little diversity.