Physical Silver investors holding the bag..

Discussion in 'Silver' started by euphoria, Apr 26, 2011.

1. BigBen

BigBen New Member

Yep early/mid twenties here as well!
    Mixture of speculation trading, unsure where to long term invest atm, definetly not real estate until prices match historical averages regarding average income. Options on index's seem good for medium term for now, limited risk for fair gain in todays volatile markets.
    But started a small online business to maintain my rule of a certain % growth per year, doing well atm, as wasnt getting it from anything else for fair risk :)

2. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yeah those Chinese.

Best leave it all to us.

I think 'the poor man's gold' is universal - and the government encouraging them - ugly or not they've stacked it in the past and they'll stack it now.

3. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

"Silver does not move in value, you move its value with the amount of money you pay for it, whats it worth to you? Please just take a step back and evaluate the whole situation, even consider hedging."

BigBen, a lot of us are using silver and gold as a hedge against fiat. I could show you lots of charts, graphs, etc. going back over 100 years that show how superior gold and silver will be compared to stocks, bonds, real estate for the next few years. My pm investments are long term (multi-year), but likely not permanent. Everything runs in cycles and gold/silver are not immune from the laws of nature. You appear to invest in the very short term, but you also are mostly investing in fiat. At some point there will be an overnight revaluation of gold against fiat currencies or a World Currency. The inclusion of gold in the valuation of fiat is also a return to normalcy. I cannot say what will happen to silver in a gold revaluation, but I expect that the impact will be beneficial or at least neutral. Now that silver has run up so much, almost all of my future purchases will be gold. I still expect silver to outperform gold by about 2:1 in the future, but the overnight revaluation gives gold the edge for me. However, I have a lot of physical pms and most of my future funds will go into more pm mining shares.

4. BigBen

BigBen New Member

I have seen many many charts in both arguements :)

Charts do not reflect just price. Inflation is a variable, yes. Dividends are also another hidden variable, yes, they add up over time. My long term approach would be to follow capital flows in and out of investment classes, not buying into assets that have tripled in a year.

I've explained i invest in the short term, so do you, you go to work each day and sell your time for fiat, i also speculate for more. I also invest medium term, just figuring out how my long term approach will be. My medium term is to protect my assets first most from capital loss and erosion, and second to grow them a set amount that i set each year. I have grown all sides of my job, business and investments to cope with these goals, even resorting to scrapping other metals hehe.

Glad you look at charts though, TA is awsome!! With a slice of fundamentals on the side :)

5. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

Then you're in luck because there's a whole forum on this site for you and others that do not own physical silver to opine on:
    http://forums.silverstackers.com/forum-13-stocks-derivatives.html