Photos of your stack???

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Romek, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Romek

Romek New Member

I came across an interesting article about the information that is recorded each time you take a digital photo on your gps enabled camera/smart phone.

Being new to this scene, i dont know if this has been talked about before but on some camreas with some settings, your exact gps coordinates are recorded in an EXIF Data file attatched to your photo for everyone to look at on google maps.

It might be worthwhile to investigate further before you take that next photo....

Romek!

2. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

if you go to upload an image you will find a warning

3. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Who would be so stupid to do that.
    Of course it is recorded with gps..
    Even passport have gps.
    How many would realize it. Pretty much everything nowadays.
    Gps
    A few countries have sign for these read a bit more of it.
    You name it passport, id cards, mobile, credit cards, and the list goes on.

4. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

GPS on Passport?
    Credit cards? ID Cards?

Here, have a roll of foil, you need another hat :rolleyes:

5. Romek

Romek New Member

Thanks sconejon, problem solved. Another great feature of this awesome forum!

6. Golden ChipMunk

Dont you guys know that Australia have signed for this.
    Just the govern didnt tell us. Slowly they bring it in. Imho 15 countries sign for it. No more freedom.
    Sori I dont know how to link it.

7. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy New Member

"Who would be so stupid to do that. Of course it is recorded with gps.. Even passport have gps. How many would realize it. Pretty much everything nowadays.
    Gps A few countries have sign for these read a bit more of it. You name it passport, id cards, mobile, credit cards, and the list goes on.:

OK -- I'll bite... A lot of digital cameras = yes. Cellphones = positively. But passports, id cards, credit cards and "the list goes on"??? Come on!

I've got some REAL serious doubts about that one. I really need to read and analyze your info source(s) on that laundry list.

"Dont you guys know that Australia have signed for this. Just the govern didnt tell us. Slowly they bring it in. Imho 15 countries sign for it. No more freedom. Sori I dont know how to link it."

"I don't know how to link it" doesn't make it.

Before I can buy in even 1/100 of one percent here, I need your info source. Let's have it, please.

8. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Probably RFID tags he's talking about as Aus may use them on passports in the future. Haven't done so yet though. Can always link it by copying and pasting the web address...

I was unaware of EXIF data until I joined up here. Who would even think that their phone etc would take GPS info?

9. Golden ChipMunk

http: openyoureyeswide.com or google search " gps on passport"
    RFID chip on passport aussie facelift. Hong Kong octupus id card.
    Hey Freddy you in US you should know more than us. This is US technoligies.

10. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I did... And nothing :/

11. Golden ChipMunk

openyourseyesnews.com

12. Golden ChipMunk

Pretty much united nation countries sign for this convention on gps passport. You have to travel
    enough to know this. There goes your freedom. They can track you down. Rfid device planted in
    cars, mobile, passport, id card. Slowly but surely. I know this a few years back. They keep changing
    the names to confuse people. Mark of the beast in the bible. " The mark of the beast" should comes up
    too when do search.
    Rev 13:16

13. ToDaMoon

ToDaMoon Active Member Silver Stacker

openyourseyesnews.com bad link .. or does not exist.

Would like to call BS re GPS in passport, CC etc. You require a power source to be able to emit a signal that can be picked up by the satellites. It generally also requires an antenna as well for signal strength.

14. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy New Member

I checked openyoureyesnews.com and searched "Purchasing Gold" - "Gold" - "Purchasing Silver" and "Silver." Lots of sound, fury, wind and youknowhat. Mostly fairly solid-looking articles with the occasional aluminum foil hat piece, but not too bad overall -- BUT -- nothing within 100 miles of anything about GPS's in passports, credit cards, ID cards, toilet paper or anything else even remotely like that.

Philmart, you had one good point, too -- where are the batteries and antennas to run the GPS's in credit cards, ID cards, passports, and the rest of whatever's in "the list goes on." Looks like more "sky is falling" stuff to me...

I don't want to hear more depressing paranoia like this. The federal government is already tracking me with their new Impure Thought Detector. Enough already!

15. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

He's talking about this site (I think):
    http://openyoureyesnews.com/2009/05...goes-facelift-including-an-inbuilt-rfid-chip/

The actual article is here:
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-05-...ergoes-facelift/1697620?section=entertainment

But it only talks of RFID chips which aren't GPS units

The "Open Your Eyes News" site is misleading because the lovely editor adds his own comment

16. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

RFID is NOT the same as GPS.

But yes, many cameras and smartphones embed GPS coordinates in photos in what is known as EXIF data, particularly if you have "Location Services" type features enabled.

17. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

I was going to, but i didn't have a wide angle lens big enough.

18. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

19. C.H.

C.H. Active Member Silver Stacker

RF IDs and GPS are two completely different things. Yes your passport can be scanned remotely, but that doesn't mean it records or even able to get your GPS coordinates. BTW: did you know that "new" US dollars (with metal stripe in them) can be remotely scanned up to 100m I believe, to determine a value of cash a person carries?

And a fun bit, cause I'm in the Friday mood especially after awesome "The Prodigy" concert yesterday in Sydney:

When iPhone takes a picture it usually embeds GPS coordinates in EXIF data of the .jpeg file (you can switch it off, but I believe it's on by default and I'm an android man :) so can't check it.)

So a girl in States takes a naughty (and it's a light word to describe it) photo of her in the mirror and post it on some adult web site (or it somehow ends up there, usually through the ex. boyfriend).
    Some "hackers" see the GPS info and look it on google map and see that she made a photo in her suburban US home.
    Next they find out local forum (council or knitting club) and post that photo there - shitstorm ensued.
    Then some jockers joined them in doing the same with other girls photos and bragging about it on the "hackers" site.

I believe it wore off now (the posting), but I checked a couple of such photos (as you usually can see the iPhone the photo was made with in a mirror) and sure enough the GPS info is there. Poor bimbos. I won't post the photos on local forums and such as I think it's mean, but funny nevertheless.

20. finchy

finchy New Member

You will find a antenna in most bank cards,i tried to find a online pic of the anatomy of one but couldnt find the ones i had seen before.

I took a pic of mine out in the sun as it has some transparency,note the copper coloured fine hair line wires running the whole way round the edge of the card tracing back to the chip?
    They are the antennas -HOWEVER without a power source they are useless for tracking in this day & age & used for transactions with contactless payments,eftpos machines and ATMS.

My car has its radio antenna built into one of the side rear windows and its just a bunch of faint lines much like the one pictured below - im lead to believe that these car antennas are composed of silver as well as the demister found on back windows however dont quote me on this

[​IMG]

I dont buy into the conspiracy side of things with these chips,however the US have thought of implanting chips into soldiers to identify them,sort of like a modern dog tag - looks like a pill capsule.