[PHOAR BARGAINS!!!] Panda Hunt Special!!! [PANDA HUNT FINAL DAY 9]

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by yennus, Sep 3, 2011.

1. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

aawwww.... *sniff* *sniff* I really really want more 2010s... they is handy to have... it only makes sense that they will go as high as the 2009s in the years to come.

No probs mate, it's all good.

2. yennus

<PANDA HUNT DAY 3.1>

A few odds and ends. All hopefully reaching Sydney in 3 weeks.

All in their original seals.

All at amazing BARGAIN Prices... bringing the Pandas to the people!

1 of each available.

1989 $143
    1990 $134
    1991 $266
    1992 $266
    1993 $169
    1994 $169
    1995 $107
    1996 $88
    1997 $88
    1998 $176
    1999 $299
    2000 $550
    2001 $111
    2002 $125
    2003 $188
    2004 $159
    2005 $104
    2006 $144
    2007 $88
    2008 $88

3. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

Congratulations. I will make my own set (the find and buy is Part of the hobby). Your price is a fantstic price if i live in Australia and make f2f deal i buy it.

4. yennus

Thanks Thor122, I totally agree. Going to different dealers and trying to find quality missing coins at BARGAIN prices is something that has given me a lot of excitement.

It's lots of fun. Perhaps a God given passion for Pandas :)

5. yennus

<PANDA HUNT DAY 4>

Once again, many thanks to the God of Heaven who has blessed me with success in hunting the best Pandas for all of us.

It deserves mentioning, that Fishball and Petercamperdown were partly responsible for starting me down this hunt for 5oz Pandas.

WOW! They are stunning. The 2009 is my favorite. The textures are absolutely stunning. The surface of the Pandas is so beautiful it is hard to describe - silky smooth, with a smooth luster that glistens from every angle. This coin is definitely the starter and finisher of the 2009, 2010 and 2011 Collection.

I was able to get some absolutely fantastic pricing today! Even more PHWOOOAR BARGAINS!

If I didn't have to pay bills and such, I would probably keep all of these for myself.

The cheapest price I've found anywhere for the 2011 5oz Pandas are at APMEX $699USD... that's how much of a BARGAIN these are.

These are arriving in Sydney in about 3 weeks for the Panda/Sydney Stackers Meet.

Don't delay, buy these today! I'm sure an entrepreneurial person could flip all of these pretty quick for a fast buck. But I'd rather sell them to homes that truly appreciate them.

1x 2011 5oz Pandas - in mint condition, still in its original three pack, sealed. No COA, no Box. - $577
    2x 2011 5oz Pandas - in mint condition, still in its original three pack, sealed. Box and COA - $600
    1x 2010 5oz Panda - in mint condition, with the original Box and COA - $696
    1x 2009 5oz Panda - in mint condition, with the original Box and COA - $720

These are the pics for the 2009 5oz Panda... The boxes and COA are pretty much the same for 2010 and 2011 5oz Pandas.

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/675_2009boxcov.jpeg][​IMG][/imgz]
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/675_2009boxwood.jpeg][​IMG][/imgz]
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/675_2009box.jpeg][​IMG][/imgz]
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/675_2009ob.jpeg][​IMG][/imgz]

Early Pandas get the bamboo! :)

6. adze67

adze67 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

PM sent ;)

7. yennus

<PANDA HUNT DAY 5>

I didn't get out much today, but I did manage to sort through an old collection of 1/2oz Pandas.

I don't know how well these will do in the future, but they are cute to have.

Good things come in small packages, so this is as small as a silver Panda usually gets :)

At these prices they are more than 30% undervalued/unloved. (All in their original seals in mint condition).

x15 1995 1/2oz Ag $55.00 (RRP: $79.99USD)
    [​IMG]

x8 1996 1/2oz Ag $55.00 (RRP: $79.99USD)
    [​IMG]

x40 1997 1/2oz Ag $55.00 (RRP: $79.99USD)
    [​IMG]

8. yennus

<PANDA HUNT DAY 6>

It was a productive hunt today, where I managed to go through all my money again. The recent drop overnight in silver and gold didn't appear to affect the Panda prices very much - which has its blessings (Panda prices usually are very fast to go up, and very slow to go down).

I was able to get some more 2011 Gold Panda Value sets, and a couple more 2011 5oz Pandas. As well as a couple of trays of 1oz Pandas. But I also heard some fantastic news! I was able to secure one of these babies :) Ah... finally :) It is full of Pandas :) Apparently weighs heaps!

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/675_mbox_-_copy.jpeg][​IMG][/imgz]

Today's PANDA HUNT SPECIAL:

Order as many as you want :)

2009 1oz Silver Pandas @ $82.50 (RRP: $99AUD: $104.99USD) <--- I don't think we will be seeing this low price again :)
    [​IMG]

2011 1oz Silver Pandas @ $51.50
    [​IMG]

These should be arriving in about 2-3 weeks time, just before the SydneyStackers Meet.

9. yennus

<PANDA HUNT DAY SEVEN>

A fairly short and simple hunt today, but fun nevertheless.

a) The 5oz 2011 Pandas have been selling better than expected, and I've got my first order from a Scandinavian and South American country... super cool for this lowly panda fan from Down Under. I'm not a dealer, just a person who enjoys Pandas :)

[​IMG]

So I managed to grab a couple more 5oz 2011 Silver Pandas at such an amazingly low price. For sale at only $600AUD! [APMEX is $699USD]

b) I also picked up some 1.9oz 2011 Gold Panda Value Sets. I really appreciate these sets; it's the only opportunity small time collectors like myself can get limited edition bullion for less than the price of Roos! If I were to go to my Sydney dealer [KJ*, or AB*], I would need to buy 50x 1/20oz (or 1/10oz, or 1/4oz, etc) to get wholesale pricing, but over here, I purchase a Panda Value Set and get fractionals similar to Roo's wholesale price. Plus these coins are limited in number too! BARGAIN!

For sale at BARGAIN prices:

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/675_img_0327s.jpg][​IMG][/imgz]
    1/20oz 2011 Gold Pandas ... $120 (More than 10x available)
    Limited Mintage: 600,000

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/675_img_0326s.jpg][​IMG][/imgz]
    1/10oz 2011 Gold Pandas ... $211 (More than 10x available)
    Limited Mintage: 600,000

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/675_img_0324s.jpg][​IMG][/imgz]
    1/4oz 2011 Gold Pandas ... $520 (More than 10x available)
    Limited Mintage: 200,000

c) Lastly I got a few more trays of 1oz 2010 Silver Pandas. This is a fun hunch investment.

[​IMG]

I've seen the 2009s jump from $18AUD to $100AUD. In REAL terms relative to spot, it has more than doubled. It didn't happen overnight, took about 2years. I am 'guessing' that it may take 2 or 3 years for the 2010s to be double spot too. So I'm hoping that these 2010s will jump in the next 6month - 12months (because of the increased demand in Pandas globally and locally). [I met an Aussie who spent close to the amount Jim Roger's did on his trip to BeiJing in one hit. It's amazing who you get to meet when doing Panda hunts... but I digress...]

All the other pre-2009 Pandas have also reached double spot (or more), so I don't see any reason why the 2010s shouldn't. I'm purchasing them around 50% above spot, hoping that they will increase another 33% in 6months to 12months. I don't think it's too difficult for the 2010s to move 33% upwards (independent of spot).

Once it moves 33% up (or double spot), and I can hopefully sell them with the 2009s as a collection, or by themselves for a 33% gain (plus spot).

Hopefully it pays off... if it doesn't happen, I can always try to sell them for a 50% premium above spot. I think this has more upside potential than holding Maples and ASEs.

Current Situation:
    2010 1oz Silver Panda $60 (currently 50% above spot, $40/oz)

Hopeful Forecast:
    2010 1oz Silver Panda $80 (33% upward movement in 6months - 12months - irrespective of spot). E.g. if spot is $100, then the 2010 1oz Silver Panda should be $200.

Oh yeah, by the way, I got a few of these for sale too:
    2010 1oz Silver Panda $61.50each

d) Oh yeah, I don't read Chinese, but I did pick up two books by Zhao Li Cheng... he would be like Peter Anthony (Panda Collector)... but Chinese. Fortunately I'm surrounded by people who can speak and read Chinese, so that helps. His books are much more basic than Peter Anthony's Panda Book, and don't have much commentary. If you have Peter Anthony's book, you don't need ZLC's book for Pandas. But if you only have ZLC's book, you should get Peter Anthony's book.

But if you want to see all the different coins and their stats that China pumps out each year, this is a good book to get. You don't really need to understand Chinese to extract the stats either, it's pretty simple.

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/675_zhaolicheng679951catalogue2007274_275.jpg][​IMG][/imgz]

Only $25 for all the coins from 1979 till 2011. A pretty handy reference book :)
    Zhao Li Cheng - Illustrated Catalogue of Modern Chinese Gold and Silver Commemorative Coins (in Mandarin with NO English subtitles) $25each.
    [​IMG]

... time for this Panda to rest :)

10. xiki

xiki New Member

Thanks for hooking me up with this bad boy, Yennus!!! Talking about the 2011 5 oz silver Panda, naturally. And what a gentleman you are for only identifying me as "scandinavian". You're not the type to kiss and tell, eh? Well, I gotta say I'm happy that this Panda is coming north to Norway. My other 1 oz silver pandas have seemingly been multiplying when I've turned my back, or shut off the conscious part of my brain, more likely, so hopefully the 5 oz can keep some order in the flock!

Although, the need for a 2010 5 oz silver panda seems to be growing...

Anyway, thanks a lot! I'm very excited! Can you tell?????? :)

11. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

ZLC's book hasn't been updated since 2007 isn't it?

Amazing prices as usual yennus... duno how you do it man :)

12. yennus

Hahaha... it's my pleasure :) I am always looking for good homes for these Pandas :)

I'm excited to be sending it up to you. Hopefully the first of many Pandas! :)

Thanks heaps for your love of Pandas!! :)

13. yennus

eheheh... regarding ZLC's book, I got the latest May, 2011 Revised Edition :)

ehehe... regarding the prices:

a) It's about sharing the Panda love :) The more people that have Pandas and are familiar with them, the greater the benefit it is for the rest of us :) ...
    b) Only so many Pandas a person can have :) ... hence low low prices :)
    c) I'm planning ahead and hoping that I/we can have Panda friends all over the world :)
    d) Pandas are honest money :) that really benefits those who save them :)

14. yennus

<PANDA HUNT DAY EIGHT>

Running low on cash again... this time it wasn't soley due to Panda purchases.

The AUD lost a few points against the RMB/CNY which is lowering my purchasing power.

It was only a 3% drop since my last big exchange, but that is translating into higher replacement costs.

It's HIGHLY likely I'll be bumping up the prices on some items within the next 48hours.

BUT until then, enjoy the BARGAIN pricing! :)

Today's Panda Hunt was very hurried, but I did manage to bag myself a lovely tray of Commemorative 2009 1oz Silver Pandas at a BARGAIN!!! (30th Anniversary of Chinese Precious Metal Coins)

[​IMG]

I also managed to get an extra 5oz 2010 Panda. Finding these in high quality are proving to be a difficult task. There are lots of substandard ones (highly toned, or spotted, or scratched, etc), but very few high grade ones.

[​IMG]

A few more 1oz 2010s and 1oz 2009s. Once again hand picked :)

Plus, as requested, the beautiful 2011 1oz Silver Commemorative (Shanghai-BeiJing High Speed Railway).

1x 2010 5oz Panda - in mint condition, with the original Box and COA - $696AUD
    30x 2009 1oz Silver Panda (Commemorative: 30th Anniversary of Chinese Precious Metal Coins) - $85AUD (RRP: $104.99USD)
    30x 2009 1oz Silver Panda - $82.50 <-- definitely being raised in price within the next 48hours.
    3x 2011 1oz Silver Panda (Commemorative: BeiJing-Shanghai Fast Train) - $205AUD [Or $195each if more than 5 units can be purchased]

[​IMG]

These should be arriving in about 1-2 weeks time, just before the SydneyStackers Meet.

15. thehuckler

thehuckler New Member

Hey yennus, what are your thoughts on these commemerative coins @ $85?

My main focus is to collect a full set but there's been a lot of talk about them recently, perhaps I should be grabbing a commemerative here and there?

How many 1oz 2002 do you have?

16. yennus

Good question :)

I think Commemoratives at the same price (or reasonably close to the same price) as their standard bullion brothers are a BARGAIN :)

Usually a Commemorative Panda has a lower mintage and a higher issue price than the standard bullion.

Plus, a Commemorative can usually swap for a standard bullion coin, but a standard bullion coin doesn't always swap for a Commemorative.

17. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Agree completely w/ what yennus said.

18. thehuckler

thehuckler New Member

Could you put 2 x 2001 aside for me?

Can pay now / ship later.

Still @ $111?

Double sealed?

Kind regards,

- Ric

19. thehuckler

thehuckler New Member

Ok, please put a 2009 commy aside too...

20. thehuckler

thehuckler New Member

*Bows to panda peer pressure*