Phase III preview... time for a word of caution...

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by goldpelican, Apr 21, 2011.

1. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Hopefully leaving feedback will be easier now that it's visible in every thread. Still planning on making it accessible from a user's profile though, which means you will be able to leave it by clicking on a username from your PM inbox. Just not for a while though.

Don't be shy in asking for it to be left for you!

2. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hadn't noticed. Excellent! :)

Absolutely... I've got a swag of feedback to leave after my Hols. I'm thinking of declaring an Amnesty.

3. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

Just spent the morning sorting my feedback. I'm going to have to get into a habit of doing it straight away...

4. silverfunk

silverfunk Active Member

Well said GP, as the prices continue to get higher I can see some dodgy brothers entering the precious metals arena. Personal safety is paramount.

5. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

From an info sec standpoint its good to delete off old private messages containing confidential details once you don't need them any more.

6. kaz

kaz New Member Silver Stacker

I don't know if I have been paying abnormal attention to this but it seems to me there are quite a few people who come on ss with zero contributions, and a new history having recently signed up and who have started trading immediately. I appreciate that everyone has to start somewhere when trading but I really do think that some contributions to the forums should be required before being permitted to trade.

This would allow people such as myself who are in an isolated positions (rural) and cannot get to any meets (rather like another member in a regional/rural area) and who have little networks in this area to assess the credibility of traders before venturing. I must confess that there are many items I have seen here that I have been tempted to purchase but the "new handle" without any history has put me off.

I have had a couple of trades here (as a buyer) and although they have been perfect I have not had feedback left for me. Whilst I dont think as a buyer feedback is vital because the trader/seller gets swap/fiat before sending his/her goods on the flip side, with things "hotting" up I would like to see some steps put in place.

all said imho although I would like to hear how others think about it.

7. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There are plenty of deals being done on this forum via PM's. Perhaps you could establish your own trusted network and PM for your own deals?

8. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

Though it is important to mention confidential info can remain stored in back-ups even once they are deleted.
    Most reputable hosting providers will do a daily, weekly and monthly back-up and keep them for a year or two.

Also, even after data is deleted from a harddrive, the data is only marked as deleted.
    There is a chance for it to be recovered.

As long as the culprit doesn't gain elevated access to the server then these limitations shouldn't be an issue.

*Oh the days ethical hacking was a buzzword >_>*

9. silverc

silverc New Member

Thanks Errol. I have given feedback and also received feedback and Errol tells me my feedback is great. When I see my own posts I only see Trades: x . How do i get the red and green trade symbols? Or can you see them and I can't?

10. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Bingo - these are the buttons to leave feedback. You can't leave yourself feedback.

11. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

hahaha i had the same question the other day. I had to message GP for the answer everyone else can see them but you cant

12. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Correct... You can only see the + and - on other users posts.

Sheesh... I need to read these threads sooner after opening them. :D

13. silverc

silverc New Member

OK - I get it now

I'm dumb dumb dumb - that's me and software