Petition to Ensure We Don't Go Cashless

Discussion in 'Currencies' started by GoldenEye, Jan 30, 2021.

1. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^any picture of the vacancy side by side, compared to old ATM still there lol

2. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Getting gradually replaced by crypto-wallets. A new form of slavery that people actually beg for.

It's like fish running for a bite on the bait. And you caaaan try to tell them about the hook, but what can you do it they're social media-educated?

madaw1 and Shaddam IV like this.
  3. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

How is cashless going in eastern Victoria at the moment?

GoldenEye likes this.
  4. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

Yes-right--if you want to deposit any amount-there is no problem-only if you want to withdraw....they are testing the system and the patient of the people,,,

5. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nifty new fintech innovation - Doconomy. o_O
    Swedish fintech company Doconomy has launched the world’s first credit card that monitors purchases by their carbon emissions – and puts a cap on spending based on a user’s impact on the climate. Samuel Ballard reports
    Doconomy’s card, Do Black, has been created in partnership with Mastercard, and aims to support the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) to encourage global climate action. By 2030, it wants to cut carbon emissions in half.

How will Doconomy help people achieve this? By setting monthly CO2 limits – ensuring your carbon footprint is cut by 50 per cent – it will literally deny cardholders from spending once they have used up their allowance. (Every purchase has a carbon footprint attached, which is displayed on the Doconomy app.)

https://globetrender.com/2020/04/07/doconomy-credit-card-carbon-limit/

That's cashless and social credit score nicely bundled up in one. :eek:
    https://twitter.com/philosopherssto/status/1438843194041643011

GoldenEye likes this.
  6. raven

raven Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I drain, both of my accounts of nearly all cash, per fortnight, and use select ANZ atms, here in Melb.
    They dispense $100 notes.
    Then, on Fridays, I top up with cash in my wallet, to the tune of 400$, per week.

Sometimes, I get around to Tuesday, and have nothing, or, most times, I'm down to a last note.
    This way, I have a ball park figure, of my expenditure, for that period.

For bills, I just aye'n'zed it, and zero that account later in the month.

Went into an aquarium, just this last weekend, and when I presented the $100, the lady seemed really excited, ...... I think she appreciated it !

7. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

GoldenEye and SodaPop like this.
  8. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Applying for a credit card is entirely voluntary.

The concept is also poked full of holes - with a simple electricity bill.
    The power has been generated, carbon emitted, energy used.
    The bill comes 30-90 days after end of usage period.
    Performative feel-good-ism by a fintech looking to become a unicorn with the associated big stock option payday.

9. olifrated

olifrated Active Member Silver Stacker

Petitions aren’t worth a toffee and are absolutely pointless as no one takes any notice of them .

best way is for everyone to draw out cash each week and use it for every day essentials , just like the olden days .

madaw1, Real $ and 1Tim58 like this.
  10. Real $

Real $ Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Battle is over and the bad guys won,wheels in motion no more cash in hand jobs...cant have gov missing any tax...no more poor old ladies saving pennies for rainy days...just a shitstorm that's incoming upon the horizon with little to no viable shelter. Love using cash I withdraw as much as possible whenever I can...will our emergency funds of physical cash work and for how long. Decisions made for us as always, what bout our precious metals...becoming more precious or worth...less and do we trade them for digital? Will alternative trades be allowed? Or will be be forced to monitored, watched tracked and traced while we eat out of troughs In the town square with guns to our heads? Come and get ya gruel...:eek::p

DJE likes this.
  11. hardyakkagold

hardyakkagold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Gotta feel sorry for the Banksters Inc. don't you, keeping cash in their branches is costing the SOB's a staggering $400 million a year.

The poor Sods!

Imagine how much more their billions of dollars in profits each year would be if we were cashless, not to mention their multi-million dollar CEO salaries.

Excuse me while I go out and vomit after reading this article.

Keeping cash costs every customer $40, Commonwealth Bank says - as it warns services like ATMs are becoming 'unsustainable'

The boss of Commonwealth Bank has told a government inquiry that continuing to make physical cash available to Australians costs the business $400million a year despite less and less customers using it.
    Matt Comyn said this week that 'transporting and making cash available around our vast country involves the considerable expense of logistics and security.
    His comments follow CommBank, NAB and ANZ making some of their branches cashless and Macquarie Bank announcing just days ago that its cash services would be phased out entirely by 2025.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-society-banks-CommBank-NAB-ANZ-Westpac.html

Real $ likes this.
  12. Real $

Nothing short of sickening mate wholeheartedly agree

13. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Except… the majority don’t use cash. Their rhetoric is entirely correct. The figures have probably been fudged, but hey, who doesn’t cheat.

Rather than complain, what are the 1% to do?

14. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

Correct-as they don't have awareness and sadly have no idea how they can be controlled in the future....

15. Real $

Its true they dont use cash, instead relying on cards and instant transfers swiping theyre cards,phone allowing digital wallets with direct access to their accounts...with convenience comes the ability to be hacked,scammed and robbed by white collar criminal cowards, give me a knife at my throat anyday for there is more respect found at such an interaction, then swindled by faceless, gutless scumbags. Were being robbed anyway of our cash through hidden tax of inflation and greedy corporations our pointless politicians instigating self serving policies and police who blindly enforce them. We pay the companies for shit service,degrading products at ever increasing prices, small businesses destroyed while monopolies remain meanwhile any sort of freedom is restricted and controlled alternatives crushed,demonised. Herded like livestock allowed only the mobility possible within thinly veiled bars of the cage. Find it exhausting trying to think of counteractions and places to still be free financially at least best we can. Control every aspect of society food and access to water utilities to survive once total financial control achieved, They have enough consolidation of power now to devalue what has had intrinsic value for thousands of years. Much rambling on later we are owned and the reality of that fact weighs on me exhausts,frustrates and sickens me its grim truth

dragafem likes this.
  16. hardyakkagold

hardyakkagold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Oh, come on my oldies, it's not just 1% that still use cash!

If it was they would have banned cash already and got rid of it.

The figure is probably somewhere between 15 % and 20% [ this figure is based on the number of people I see using cash at the self-serve checkouts at the supermarkets, so is probably an accurate indication of the wider population in general]

Rather than give up before we even start to fight like Sammy, let's take it up to banksters and politicians by being vocal and aggressive and letting them know that they are supposed to be our servants, not our masters.

I have been doing this for years in a number of ways, one of which is to let them know in no uncertain ways about the teller closures and wait times.

When I am lined up to see the 1 or 2 remaining tellers, and they have more people than that walking around asking me if they can help me I always tell them
    in a vocal and annoyed way " Get behind the counter as a teller if you want to help me!" [ I never see anyone else doing this, on the contrary most of the sheeple lined up look at me as if I'm from another planet]

Another way is to complain directly to the banks when they restrict cash transactions, one of the banks that I am with got rid of the option of using cash to pay
    your credit card statements via the tellers, a lot of us complained about it and they reinstated this option back quickly.

We 10 to 20% have a lot of power, but unfortunately, some of us have been programmed & conditioned to believe that we don't have any power and there is nothing we can do.

Remember in times of old 5% of the population was able to change the course of history because they believed in their cause and were prepared to get
    of their asses and fight for the freedom they believed in!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2023
  17. radiobirdman

radiobirdman Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'd be fucked with no cash, its all I've ever used, to stupid to use a watch to pay, FFS I don't even have a mobile phone anymore

You're just open to scams if you leave it all in the bank

madaw1, dragafem and sammysilver like this.
  18. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

...a goal to reach...:)

madaw1 likes this.
  19. pmbug

pmbug Active Member

https://www.bis.org/review/r231213e.pdf

Reasonable access. Adequate access. Guess who decides what is reasonable and adequate.