Perth Mint International Recognition?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by fishduck, Jan 12, 2020.

1. fishduck

fishduck Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

How do Perth Mint products fair internationally? I asking in regards to more of their standard products rather than their Lunar/Semi Numi products etc.

Like if one was to take any of the following below to anywhere around the world, would they be recognised or would the people prefer their local bullion?

Like for example, a US Silver Eagle is well received even in Australia, as well as the Canadian Silver Maple Leafs.

PAMP, Valcambi etc despite being a private company, are recognised worldwide and showing their product of bullion assures confidence. Do Perth Mint products have such level of confidence around the world?

The main advantage with the Perth Mint is that they produce large/mid size bars with a government seal on it, very few mints do.
    For example, the only major mint I can think of that mints 10oz silver bars with a government stamp on them is the Canadian Mint. The Canadian mint from my knowledge doesnt do silver kilo bars though.

And some people do prefer government bullion due to their consistency and the backing of the said government (whether you trust said government or not is a story for another day), and it probably makes it easier to explain to someone that this was produced by said government versus said private company.

How well would Perth Mint be recognised in these areas?
    1) New Zealand
    2) Singapore
    3) America
    4) Canada
    5) Areas in Europe
    6) China
    7) Hong Kong

Example as below:
    1) Gold 1oz Coins
    2) Gold 1oz Cast Bars
    3) Silver Kangaroo
    4) Silver 10oz bars
    5) Silver Kilo Bars
    6) Silver Kooks/Koalas
    7) Silver 100oz Bars

2. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Perth mint are a global brand as well recognised as RCM. Not as big as PAMP or some euro brands though.

Real $ Return and JS1880 like this.
  3. silverhair

silverhair Well-Known Member

As I understand it PM is very well recognised, that's why I buy their gold bullion products as as well RCM.

I want something that's liquid in any country. It's very important to me with my gold investing

Real $ Return and 66rounds like this.
  4. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

If you're looking for a Perth Mint product that is universally recognised, can't go wrong with 1oz Kangaroo coins. The silver Kangaroos are also gaining traction.

If you're buying metal for a destination, research that destination's dealers to see what they're flogging.

madaw1, sammysilver, Oddjob and 2 others like this.
  5. fishduck

fishduck Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So if I took a Perth Mint 10oz bar to the states or Canada, individuals will recognise it as a Government Bullion (as dealers obviously would) or would they prefer a bar from private local mints like Scottsdale or Sunshine Mint?

66rounds likes this.
  6. silverhair

silverhair Well-Known Member

They would recognize it no issue according to my research. Perth Mint is globally respected with out doubt.

66rounds and fishduck like this.
  7. Wer

Wer New Member

8. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Old news.
    Nothing in it.

9. pmbug

pmbug Active Member

I'm not sure if I'm a representative sample or not, but I know about the Perth Mint and I am familiar with kangaroo and koala coins. I don't think that my local coin shop is likely to have any Perth Mint products in inventory (though they certainly could get some if I requested them). Some (most?) of the larger metal dealers in the USA do offer Perth Mint products here.

GoldenEye and spannermonkey like this.
  10. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Lunar series !!??