Perth bullion weekend orders question

Discussion in 'Silver' started by phrenzy, Jul 5, 2015.

1. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

Silly question, particularly since I'm pretty sure I've placed weekend orders at BB before, but there's no reason why you couldn't place an order tonight/early tomorrow when the Greek vote comes in even though the market isn't open to react to the news, is there?

Just want to make sure that placing an order for 3 x 1oz 2014 kooks won't be affected just because everyone is getting in.

They must have an automatic system for hedging even over the weekend so that should be fine? I'm not sure I'll be staying up that late but I might be able to get up early in before the market opens and the vote is in come morning.

I don't think there will be a no vote, I think they'll get around 42%, but if there is I'd like to get my 3 kooks while I can under $21.

2. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

There is more than enough silver in the world. Until the 98% of the oblivious population realizes PM's hold value.....
    UNDER $16/OZ USD?? That's still well under production costs. :rolleyes:

3. phrenzy

That's not really what I asked, I'm really more concerned with the workings of a single shops website than week global Ag production. But thanks anyway.

4. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm sure you can still place orders, there is no guarantee the price will jump on open, you are still taking a risk just the same as the shop would be by taking orders.

Even if the price of Silver was to jump a massive and historical 20% on open your still only talking $13 for your three kooks, Perth Bullion would not be worried.

I think it will trend up a little this week but nothing substantial. just yet!

5. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

There prices hold after all the the markets close, your cart price will keep refreshing at the same price but what you buy at is what it costs "on payment"of your cart value.

I buy from them on weekends sometime.

6. phrenzy

heres a stupid question, the metals markets close but the forex markets keep moving. So does the price keep moving in aud? If the aud goes to $0.50usd because Tony Abott says he's ordered $250B in money printed to go to Gina Rinehart and nothing changes till monday?

Seems like fixed prices over the weekend is going to leave someone holding the bag if something crazy happens over the weekend. Russia goes to war with china saturday morning but we still get to buy gold at 1600? That cant be right, someone is going to either loose a pile of money or not get their metal.

7. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

Not sure? they never seem to move on a Sunday but then again nothing major has ever happened since I have been buying. lol

8. scrooged

scrooged New Member

Nice 10/1 pick.
    Any tips on the China crisis that we can lay and make a motza?

9. phrenzy

Right, but if 11/9/2001 was a Saturday morning you could buy bullion online at the same price as Friday close? That can't be right. I'm not saying you couldn't but someone is going to get taken there.

10. phrenzy

I didn't think they would vote no, I don't think many people did, I don't feel bad about getting it wrong, you make the best judgement you can on the information you have. I looked at a few different pollsters and their analysis and casually picked a number.