Peninsula Energy (PEN)

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by Bullion Stacker, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Bullion Stacker

Bullion Stacker Member

Anyone have a position in this stock?
    I've been a holder for about 3 years, been a huge wave, looking very positive atm.
    ASX's next uranium producer trading at 2.1c a share.

Discuss

2. aussiesilver

aussiesilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi BullionStacker,i hold a huge chunk of this company and have been buying since 2008. Prices hit 16 cents at one stage and are back at 2.1 cents since Pala started selling and Fukushima exploded upsetting the Uranium believers. This company will return to greatness having huge deposits of Uranium in Wyoming and more in Karoo South Africa

3. Bullion Stacker

Bullion Stacker Member

Im with you, was up a great load on this stock before Fukushima, averaged down quite nicely, and with great momentum with PALAU back on board and a few broker predictions at 6c for the next 12 months, looking good from here.

ASX's next uranium producer at only 2.1c, time to buy I think

4. Bullion Stacker

Bullion Stacker Member

Funding and entitlements are officially 100% complete. Can expect a high opening tomorrow morning.

5. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

Just bought 50k+ shares with my handy new low fee cmc account. I think with the lower dollar (and lower currencies elsewhere they operate) they should be more profitable with the exchange rate the way it is. Plus it's kind of a hedge against the economy not falling off a cliff and my silver staying firmly on the ground and not in lunar orbit.

I know small cap miners are always a bit of a gamble but the more I read the more I like them.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't also like buying tens of thousands of shares of something.

6. aussiesilver

aussiesilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is not a small cap miner,production shortly and all permits and finance in place. Insitu recovery is the way to go. This company has now all the boxes ticked

7. phrenzy

I agree, everything I've read gives me the impression they are serious and have all their ducks in a row but the total capitalisation is $93Maud, if that's not small for a publicly listed company, what is?

Down nearly 5% today from where I bought it, 0.018 to 0.017 :)

8. Bullion Stacker

Bullion Stacker Member

My average is a lot higher then 0.018 don't worry too much. Confident we'll see 3c+ within the next couple months.

Gus bought up $300k worth of shares as well as other directors aswell

9. phrenzy

I was just kidding, I'm not that fussed about a 1/10th of a cent move even if it is 5% of the value

Interestingly though, looking at the purchases and sales some of the shares seem to have traded way above and below the market prices. I'm sure I'm reading it wrong but it looks like shares were bought as low as 0.006 and as high as 0.028.
    [​IMG]

10. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

Don't think that's actual sales, it's market depth based on current unresolved buy and sell orders.

11. phrenzy

Even if it is, why would people be placing buy orders at 0.005? And buy orders at 0.028? Apart from wishful thinking of course.

12. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

I think you meant sell orders at 0.028. And yep, dreaming.

13. phrenzy

Been looking at some of the new material on these guys and I really like what I'm seeing. They're on the verge of some really big things, good prices locked in, very big deposits secured and production all but on. I also share their measured confidence in the uranium market.
    Every time I think I'll buy some more PEN some great piece of bullion comes along and eats the money I was going to use. Now it's staking the ruthenium and getting that online which has taken a few weeks pay. I just know in eventually going to get just enough together to buy another parcel and they'll have announced something the day before and the price will be 3c.

Do you think you could successfully trade the 5% gain/loss every time it goes from 0.018 to 0.019 and back?

In any case I'm trying to get my family in on them, I know they haven't moved recently but I really like the company.

14. phrenzy

Picked up another little lot at 0.018 and left a cheeky order for another small lot at $0.017, never know it could get filled. I really don't like having money in the ASX at the moment but I also really line this company...

15. phrenzy

As I mentioned in the other thread I picked up another very small parcel at 0.016 today, when I put the order in last week it was a fishing expedition but it came through. Lots of sellers at 1.7c still though.

I've been reading the broker reports and they're pretty much all in naive agreement. They all say that PEN has everything in place and that risks are actually relatively low but that it's a speculative buy just because of ask the things that can kill a small cap that can't afford to weather a storm very long if something unexpected comes up.

Reading the reports from mid last year through to the latest the lowest price target is $0.046 for this year through to a 3 year target as high as $0.16 which would be huge but considering the size of what they control and the profitable arrangements they already have in place I think they could quite possibly achieve some of the higher end targets even if a 1000% return in 3 years is a stretch.

Here's the link to the reports, if your interested some of the more recent 2014 reports are worth reading as well:

http://www.pel.net.au/investor_info/broker_research.phtml

16. phrenzy

Quarterly reports are out. All good stuff:

everything on schedule including Wyoming project at a single shift 5 days a week (plenty of room to kick things up to stay on schedule if required)

production looking good for the next 6 months

management team in place

Everything fully funded

Debt under $1m, cash on hand over $47.8m

New sales contacts under negotiation

Excellent drill results from south Africa

Quarterly Financials out too:

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/research/company.do#!/PEN

I have a tiny little amount left in my trading account that I've been thinking about buying some more with but I've been hoping to get it at 0.016 again, not sure that will happen though. What I do know is that if uranium rallies any more I won't be able to buy at 0.025 and when they produce their first pound I don't think I'll get an opportunity to buy under 0.05. I'm still a bargain hunter at heart so I'll be looking for a cheap buy but I'm thinking of just taking what I can get from now on.

They're in this to build a serious company and they have the reserves and team to do it.

17. phrenzy

Up about 15% on heaps more volume than normal (though much less than most traded companies). About twice as many standing buy orders as sell orders. I bought a parcel up at 0.016 and have a standing buy that I amended from .017 to 0.18 when it was clear I wasn't going to get them for that but now I think I might have to raise it again, I'm not sure you'll be able to get any under 2c soon.
    Still a small cap that could be very volatile but things are looking up all over and construction is still on schedule with swiss precision.

18. phrenzy

I don't know what the cheapest share broking service for ASX listed equities actually is but I can't believe that this person is bothering to transact a trade for 555 shares at 1.8c each. Not really relevant to much but I thought I'd share since it gave me a giggle, anyone ever seen a smaller transaction?

[​IMG]

19. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So here's my primitive 'understanding' of this. There is or are 'bots' at work winkling dollars out of the retail shareholders. They might be accumulating, they might be distributing, they might just be working the price up and down and making multitudinous tiny profits that you and I could not pursue because of speed, brokerage, financial strength, paperwork or whatever.

Bots = high frequency algorithmic buying and selling from a computer situated real close to the action where nanoseconds count.

Do I understand? Nope but i am utterly convinced big money decides and rules. Not a giggle imo.

20. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Could be a bot breaking up a large order into little ones

Could be the leftover of a partially filled order

There are some brokers that charge one brokerage for a series of buys or sells going in the same direction

Could be a typo ?