Pegasus 10 oz proof from Goldsilver.com

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Hellcat6, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

Has anyone received this yet? It was first advertised in early October. Since then they have experienced problems with the minting process and it was delayed. Email last week said they were ready to ship. They are now advertising it for 10% off through Monday.

2. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10 oz proof?

I have yet to see the 1oz proof in real life. The normal bullion coins aren't as pretty as they seem in pictures. Some even have milky spots! Lol

3. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

The 1 oz proof sold out within a couple of days, I also have not seen a picture of one posted on any of the sites, not even eBay. Anyone have one of those? Someone in Australia is selling gilded versions for a good profit (some over $100) and some bullion rounds have gone as high as $37 US! That's just crazy when they could be had for less than $1 over spot. The bullion versions are nice, no milk spots on mine but some are a bit rough around the edges.

4. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

The orders I placed are on the way as of yesterday.

Hopefully there won't be further delays.

5. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

My 10 oz proof has been delivered to my home. Unfortunately, I will not be there to see it until Christmas. I never got an email about them shipping it, it just showed up.

Did anyone else notice that right after they announced that it would finally be available they had it on sale for 10% off? As one of the original buyers who had to wait through the delays, I thought that their timing was bad. I asked them about it, would they extend the discount to those who purchased and waited, "No, we can't do that". Well what if I decide I want my money back since you will not extend this to those who purchased sight unseen? "No, we can't do that". When I explained why I thought this was not a great way to impress a customer, they said they would discuss it and get back to me. No reply. So I wrote them an email to ask what they decided to do. No reply. So now the round shows up at last. Communication was poor in my opinion and they certainly did nothing to win me over as a customer. I did in the end get what I paid for but dealing with them left me with the feeling that I will not be buying from them again.

Am I being unreasonable? Maybe so. Hope the 10 oz looks as nice in my hand as it did in the pictures!