[PandaNEWS] Trading moving back to the Regular Buy,Sell&SwapSection

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by yennus, Jun 26, 2012.

1. kingzac

kingzac New Member

I almost wrote that myself haha

2. shibaji

shibaji New Member

Honestly, this is a bad move. I am a general member, so I can speak without fear. I was very interested in all the sale and buy threads, which at times led to interesting information exchange. However, other generic forums are so plain and simple, and voluminous, MCC certainly deserves better. I have been a bullion collector, and Perth mint stuff collector before MCC, so yeah - been there, done that.

I will seldom visit the general buy/sell/trade thread, if at all. I do not have patience to dig through things of my interest from the load of ....

3. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for your thoughts shibaji. I mostly agree with your sentiments.

I also started out on the same road as you;

Bullion -> Perth Mint -> Pandas -> MCCs

The ability for us to discuss sales threads politely (and safely) in the Panda Forum has been a HUGE blessing - which has led to wonderful and entertaining knowledge exchanges (e.g. Bronze medallions, NGC conversations, etc).

In the past, before the Panda Forum, it was very difficult to discuss or trade Pandas and MCCs at Silverstackers without significant trolling (and constantly unhelpful rude remarks). I sincerely hope that we have moved on from those days, especially since so many contributors from around the world have added their valuable thoughts here, almost on a daily basis.

I am grateful that GP has allowed this Panda Forum to exist. He has been very generous to allow us all (especially me) to participate in this playground. He has been a very hospitable host and allowed us to run this place "laissez faire" . Many thanks GP! Hopefully I can play host/tour guide to you if you ever come pass Shanghai! :)

[​IMG]

However, from the Administrations point of view - the ability to trade in the Panda Forum has created a loose end that could be used to circumvent certain constraints. Thus, our Revolutionary Comrade GP has decreed:

"all trading be centralised into Buy, Sell and Swap" [sounds like an exciting 5 year plan] :)

[​IMG]

4. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

ok lets get down to brass tacks or panda,s ,Mr Pelican would some type of donation of course in silver coinage return our "laissez faire" existance back ,I will start the collection , I commit 5oz of silver................ delivered to the place of your choice morgans, dragons ,anything you like...............

5. yennus

HEhehe... our great fearless leader Comrade GoldPelican is above common bribery!

(I'll toss in a 5oz 2011 Panda into the pot!) :)

6. jc888888888

I have high graded lunar 1 snakes, dragons , and the like..... ,allow us to wet your beak , oh great pelican ! ..........donation I said young Yennus to the common good of the great institution which the Great pelican overseas ,cast your lot me mates the boat is sinking ,I raise the anti 8 oz........................

7. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

I don't mind trading moving back to the b/s/t forum, but my suggestion would be a separate MCC category, and I would even propose a separate Perth Lunar category.

Both are very popular varieties for traders on SS and I think those two categories would thrive and allow easy viewing for viewers only interested in those types.

My single complaint about the b/s/t forum as-is, is that it separates us. I post in the US/Canada section because that is where I am based, but I ship internationally. I feel like I may not get as many views because internationals may not look in that section -- and you also have to be a registered user. To have the b/s/t forum be fair to all, it should either be entirely public or entirely registered-only.

8. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Derrick - you're on the money, some changes are coming to the trading threads, this is just a precursory step.

Will be a few months away though.

9. heyimderrick

GP, that is encouraging. Thank you for staying on top of our concerns.

10. 25Grizzlies

25Grizzlies Member

Relax Panda fans, revolutions are not always bad...

A sticky within both the public and private forums should suffice.

Who knows? May even get get back into PM stuff....

11. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

I think all people think the same. But rules are rules.
    And because here are a mayority of world members i think is better for now to post here a sticky to the international forum threads and put the new sales in the international forum. (for lucky few posts for day for now) and the mayority for us are outside australia.

12. Lim

Lim New Member

GP is addressing some panda concern but well i still hope that there is a sale sub forum within the panda
    forum .
    I see trolls on the other side :-(

13. yennus

Thanks Lim, I too like the idea of a Trading Section within the Panda Forum.... because as you've mentioned:

[​IMG]
    "I see dead trolling people"

14. heyimderrick

I don't think I understand the fear of trolls.... The panda forum is a public forum. The b/s/t is predominantly a registered-only forum. If anything, moving trading to a registered-only trading subforum for MCCs in the b/s/t forum (if that is the plan) should effectively minimize trolls. Am I missing something?

15. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

A subforum would be nice in the B/S/T area.

Without it you get lumped into a mix with bullion sales and then you get trolls that ask 'why is this 500% over spot?', 'lol fake?' and 'silver is silver; melt value!' etc

Have dealt with that crap far too many times.

16. yennus

Ah... go back to the earlier days, and you shall understand.

[​IMG]

17. yennus

Exactly... usually the same trolls too.

Let's not forget the really fantastic recommendations to buy 2009 Pandas from N** Mint! :)

18. серебро

серебро New Member

Here is a good example of what the Panda members that have been here longer than myself and others are talking about

http://forums.silverstackers.com/to...l-you-have-to-defend-pandas-all-the-time.html

19. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Fortunately the forum has matured since then with regards to Pandas.

Guys, it's a non-issue, and as already pointed out, it's a required step in a larger plan.

20. jc888888888

Being born and raised in NYC, I have not experienced such trolls :) but if I have a 2000 mirror panda for sale for $1000 and some brainless moron starts spouting some senseless BS out of ignorance or just because he is an A hole. I hope no one is offended when I tell him to go f%^& himself .............:) regards, joe