Panda price research site

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by fishball, Apr 23, 2012.

1. asdfghjkl32

asdfghjkl32 Member

Just a little thoughts for the to-do list.... for the search results, could we make it sortable? I know we can do that after we export the search result to Excel, but would be nice too if it could be done on the page too. Much appreciated.

2. wllee

wllee New Member

Hi fishball,

Stumbled upon this thread and forum while googling about pandas. Shall be shameless to ask if you can sign me up for an account. <--- What a way to start my maiden post.:p

And many thanks for your hard work!:)

3. ykk

ykk New Member

Hi fishball,

Can I sign up too?

Thanks

4. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Added both of you to the site and PM sent w/ info.

The site now also incorporates auction results from Stack's Bowers & Heritage Auctions. Eventually I will get around to also adding in Champion, Hosane & ZhaoOnline results... takes a lot of time to manually input the sales.

Also there's a new index which will now replace the old Fishball Panda Index. Much more detailed ... :)

ps. Thanks to the guy who added that eBay 1990 OMP panda to the database... all help is good :)

5. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is good if it incorporates the ZhaoOnline results, finally the lower grade bears (MS67s, MS68s) will be appreciated a bit more than bullion :)

6. fishball

Possible to do. Much easier than Hosane at least, everything's in Chinese over there :/

Gonna need some help entering the data though when I get it setup :).

Does ZhaoOnline use GMT+8 for time?

7. siuchek405

siuchek405 New Member

Still have account available?
    would like to have an alternative other than pricepedia and coincompendium

8. yennus

If ever I start a Panda Investment Company, I want Fishball on the team :)

9. Catseye

Catseye New Member

270893384947? I've been putting the data base through it's paces the last few days, seems like there is always something new added to play with.
    When I try to add 360389425676 it seems to not take FWIW.
    I love PandaStats, it usually gives me exactly what I need with a few clicks.
    Question, is there any way to separate items like the 2001, S10 D-Mark from the 2001 S10?
    Also, when sorting for standard issue Pandas I've added up to 4-5 filters to drop the commemoratives (30th BANK Expo Show Anniversary Berlin Beijing .etc). Is there an easier way?
    Thank you for the generous sharing of your work and this powerful tool, kind sir!

10. fishball

Thanks a lot. Been quite hard to input so much myself :)

Now I'm backfilling the results from Heritage before going onto ZhaoOnline, Hosane etc

Feel free to add recent OMP/RAW finished Pandas on eBay as I haven't added anything in 2 days so new listings aren't logged.

Yep it doesn't work as the listing is still running. If it ended the parser SHOULD add it. However it's still not perfect and sometimes can miss things.

Possible. You can use include 2001-D but it's still not perfect as you may have noticed.

Not sure how to enhance this yet but will give it some thought.

No easier way yet. Usually the size makes sense though so you can narrow the searches down by size/metal before filtering keywords.

For example a 1oz 2009 Silver + filter "30"/"Bank" would remove most of the anniversary pandas.

11. yennus

If Pandastats becomes any better, it will become a danger like Skynet or Cyberdyne Systems. :)

[​IMG]

12. registered

registered New Member

Hi Mr. Fishball,

I am new here and can I subscribe to your software? Thank you in advance.

13. Catseye

Catseye New Member

oO You have to hand log the newly ended listings? I thought you had a script pulling these...

Edit: 320890634016 entered as Raw? Listing shows OMP, box & COA... lack of pouch = Raw? 220984565304 may need to be moved to Raw also.
    Also, "83 records need to be manually checked." If it was a live link or I had some way of looking at these I'd be happy to do some grunt.

14. fishball

Manual for OMP/RAW (since very hard to know which is which just from title/description; and some are fakes), graded coins all automatic logging from eBay.

320890634016 lack of pouch definitely makes it "RAW" because we don't know if it was a failed grade coin chuck back into the box or not so we assume the worst (RAW).

I fixed 220984565304 to RAW thanks :)

For the manually checked part I will build something to allow you to help me check the results over the next few days. Currently I just go through them myself and edit by hand.

Usually the manually checking part means the script cannot get the year or size or grade or company or composition of the coin and I have to manually input it so that we can search it.

By the way I have added the ability to add Hosane & ZhaoOnline auction results. If anyone has spare time can feel free to add some entries in.

It's relatively straight forward to do so and only requires the URL + OMP/RAW (check box) for ZhaoOnline. A bit more for the others but still I simplified it :)

Edit: Realize there's a bug in the ZhaoOnline script, cannot add items > $999. Will get it fixed asap...

Edit2: $10 mill in sales records and not even 20% complete for ZHaoonline/hosane/heritage etc. Massive Panda market. For the first time ever we will be able to make an almost accurate of the market size... I say almost because many sales happen at retail stores or in private that aren't tracked.

Edit3: As of now ALL hosane sale results and all > 2010 stacksbowers results (older years very sparse sales, can't be stuffed) are logged. Including that 5kg Gold Panda with 10 mintage ;)

15. Catseye

Catseye New Member

This is a monster move in MCC.
    /It's alive!

16. fishball

Fixed the bug in the ZhaoOnline parsing script, all coins should be able to added just fine now.

To add the listings simply go to http://english.zhaoonline.com/search/index.shtml, click realized and search "Panda" (apparently case sensitive).

Then simply go to the add ZhaoOnline entries page and paste the link in (eg. http://english.zhaoonline.com/detail/auction-1555481-detail.shtml) + specify if OMP or RAW (ignore both if graded).

I added the first 5 pages of results, only 569 left :p.

Pretty straight forward and easy to do hopefully :).

While browsing I noticed graded coins fetching quite high over there in China. Even those ugly raw coins going quite high!

17. pandayo

pandayo New Member

Hi comeaux,

I join the club here :)

Fishball, can you add me to the list, please !

18. DaBoz

DaBoz New Member

Count me in please.

19. comeaux

comeaux New Member Silver Stacker

Hey pandayo !

Welcome to the SS site ... awesome members and alot of knowledge here as well.

Highly amiable members and just a great place to hang out.

Hey so yea the pandastats site that fishy created is an exceptional tool ... I have used it on many occasions for price comparisons ... you will too !

Glad to see you here and hope you post more often ! :)

comeaux

20. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi FB,
    May I join the panda troop here pls? :)
    Thank you.