Panda MEDAL Photo

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by andrewlee10, Oct 11, 2015.

1. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hey there, I have started this post for PANDA MEDAL PHOTO. Hope the panda lover will share their lovely panda medal at this thread.

You can post panda coins and others in another few thread which I will initial later. This is for MEDAL NOT Panda COIN. :p

The first medal I post is 2015 FUN Show Panda 1 o silver MEDAL. This medal is mainly for celebrating 60th anniversary of Fun show at Florida USA. This medal consists of 1 oz silver, 5 oz silver and 5 oz Gold.

Generally, Medals in China are commissioning by private person or/investor and mints by one of 4 china official mints.

This medal is commissioning by China Great Wall Coins Investment Limited which PANDA AMERICA is involving heavily. This is the first reverse proof panda. It come with nice wooden box and Certificate Of Authenticity (CAO)

Casting : Shenzhen Guobao Mints
    Material : .999 silver
    Mintage : 6,000 planned mintage

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOpT6icsJHM[/youtube]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. andrewlee10

This another prices of PANDA MEDAL by famous 2014 and 2015 panda designer Zhao Qiang.

This is 30th Anni panda medal by private mints in china. NGC grade this medal because it is designed by famous designer Mr Zhao Qiang and sponsor by major America panda coin distributor.

It has 4 material versions. Brass, cooper, Silver and Gold with 999, 200, 99 and 9 mintage.

At the edge of the medal show the COA no and Panda America founder name.

The video is up side down LOL

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQWugWt6DAc[/youtube]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

www.chinesemedals.com Here is our website. We do collect, but we also sell what we collect, to folks like you, all over the world.

3. trozau

trozau Member

Top 2 are medals:
    1987 New York 1 troz Platinum Panda
    1988 Basel 1 troz Gold Panda (error with 'Pt' marking)

[​IMG]

Rest are: 1987 - 1990 proof China 1 troz Platinum Panda

4. andrewlee10

Hi trozau

Long time not change chat with you.

I will start another panda coin thread soon. Shall it be china psnda only or world panda? Be general or specific?

I buy small platinum psnda recently which is with bob now.

I like the 87 and 89 much.

5. trozau

trozau Member

The more general you go, the more participation. Personally, I always relate pandas to China. Too many panda issues (different sizes, metals) to dabble in all of them so I made a choice to stick to my preferred (1 troz) size and my preferred (Au) metal (Platinum is a far second choice and even a far third is Palladium (although I do not own any of the 1 troz palladium panda).

6. Stack 'em high

Stack 'em high New Member

What would the weights and estimated value of such medals.

The cost of the medals to me is important for new releases to help decided whether to look into buying some?

7. andrewlee10

90 mm, weight around 490 gram.

The price remain stable since issue in 2012 till now and not a new release. Tincat is selling cooper, brass and silver. This medal not likely to give a big profit if intention is investment or selling in short term.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/China-2012-...a-Gold-Coin-/151693808549?hash=item2351a7d3a5

8. andrewlee10

Now, I am posting the official mints medal By China Gold Coin Inc. strike by Shanghai mints. China Gold Coin Inc. is the Gold and Silver panda issuer. They appoint shanghai and Shenzhen mints to produce those yearly silver and gold bullion coins.

I have the brass version which mintage is 3,000. By eye, this medal is much bigger than the previous 30th anniv panda medal post by me. I do not weight and measure it.

I love it much since it show up most of my favourable panda like the 1986 Micheal Jordan NBA panda, 1986 cute water drinking panda and the 2001 big fat panda with bamboo background.

This medal high relief is more superior than the private mints as my personal view.

The observe despicts the pandas from the nature walking upward to the panda coins. It script the word in mandarin of "the 30th anniversary of the issuance of Chinese Panda Gold coin."

The reverse despicts the happy panda playing, walking and get together within the word of "30". It scripts the word in English of the "the 30th anniversary of the issuance of Chinese Panda Gold coin."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Awesome stuff Andy, thanks for sharing! :)

10. andrewlee10

Let me show you the disputed panda medal which discussed a lot in other forums: Panda expo 3.

It is almost identical design with Macao panda expo medal. The differences is the background and additional baby panda leg. The macoa panda expo and panda expo 3 is same designer who is 1983 panda coin designer. The signature cloud on the great wall have gone.

The panda expo 1 has white spot issue as like the Macao panda expo. Many shanghai mints silver medals have white spot as I notice (I.e panda expo 1, Macao panda expo, long corridor, Yuan Ming Yuan and summer resort gate classical garden series).

Panda expo 1 and 2 price has dropped back to release price after hype. This time round they come out with platinum and silver reverse proof version.

Only one seller is selling in ebay because other sellers not intention to sell at all. Price is high. Hope it will not like panda expo 1 and 2 down later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. andrewlee10

another panda medal for you to check it on.

This panda medal is very special. WHY. It is a test or debase medal for the coming 2016 panda coin.

It mints by Shanghai mints who is appointed by China Gold Corp Inc. It is 15 gram which as same as 2016 panda bullion new metric.

It shows the carton style panda. one baby accompany by his mother. The observe is China classical garden. Mintage is 2014 for 15 gram silver. It has brass, 30 gram silver and gold version with very low mintage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. andrewlee10

[​IMG]

here my PF70 for this 3rd panda expo medals

13. Razz

Razz Member

Difficult to buy this coin only 1 seller on the bay and crazy prices

14. andrewlee10

Lol. I pay 150 for one pair excluding shipping. I get at release price at china. I do not carry and sell it because similar design with Macau expo medal. However I bought one pair to continue my collection. No point to buy it if you feel it is over priced. There are always a good deal.

15. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

You seem to be a very lucky person; the two medals you bought both graded PF70. Wow!

16. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Very nice design!

17. andrewlee10

I hope to get more PF70 for the monkey panda Lunar series.

18. andrewlee10

Hi Buddy,

I bit lazy recently for video and photo. Here the new one. 2009 PANDA MEDAL BY CHEN JIAN. He designs 2009 panda coin if I am not wrong. He is one of the master class coin and medal designer in China.

This is his hand painted medal with signature on coa. The medal is mints by non-official mints. However, this private mints is very reputable. The Xi shi with Pearl medals were minted by them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. greedy Kobold

greedy Kobold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

this is listed on Ebay....looks so cool, but the price :| puts it out of my reach

[​IMG]

20. greedy Kobold

greedy Kobold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Liberty coins has these on sale at the moment

and I could not resist, not sure if the price is ok, but this medal looks good in live.:cool:

And I think it has a certain "cute factor" of a giant panda pictured with a cub. Though the little has a "funny" head on this piece.

seller
    [​IMG]

buyer

[​IMG]