PAMP 1oz silver vs PAMP 1oz Gold

Discussion in 'Silver' started by pmstacker, Jan 11, 2011.

1. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Who likes the PAMP fortuna silver bars ? I really like them, i have a few of them in gold but none in silver, reason being for whatever reason the PAMP 1oz silver fortuna bars are more expensive (ALOT MORE) then silver coins, even government backed kooks or koalas. However the 1oz PAMP gold is alot cheaper then the 1oz government backed kangaroos. Does anyone know why this is the case. I wouldnt mind getting 20 or so 1oz PAMP fortuna silver bars cause i really like the design of the lady but at $39 each when you buy 20 or $45 each when you buy less then 20 it really doesnt seem worth it :( This has been pretty much the same at all the dealers i have visited

Anyone have any ideas why this is the case with the silver 1oz PAMP fortuna bars ? Or if there are any that are the same price as the kooks or koalas :D

BTW these are the bars i am taking about :)
    [​IMG]
    Source: google images

2. Guest

Guest Guest

As with most things, if you buy them in decent amounts they reduce in cost per unit very quickly. Perth Mint product is renown for this.

All comes down to minting costs.

I have a Perth Mint credit card 1oz Gold bar and I absolutely love the design. I'd be very happy to pay the same cost as Kooks/Lunars for the same thing in Silver.

3. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Thats the thing, i wouldn't mind paying the same cost for the PAMP bars as Kooks, Lunars or Koalas but its always more expensive for whatever reason. The weird thing about it is in the silver version the PAMP bars are more expensive then the coins (Koalas, Kooks, Lunars) but in gold the coins (Kangaroo, Nuggets) are more expensive then the PAMP bars.

Doesn't make any sense ?!

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I hear ya...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

WANT!

:)

5. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is fashion item right now. Do not bank on the high premium will last for ever.
    The original 1990 proof kookaburra was selling for $45 20 yeas ago, with over 20,000 sales.
    Ask yourself how much for the PAMP fortuna silver bars could be sold that time 20 years ago?
    Learn from it.

6. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Yeh your right, other then the PAMP bar currently being in fashion at the moment i dont see any other reason for this weirdness in price. All you gotta look at are clothes that seem to sell for $1000's of dollars with a certain designer label and a non designer label looking almost the same selling for 90% less :) Thats price weirdness right there ...

7. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

8. adrenalin

adrenalin New Member

I sold some for around $33 bucks each a few months back and people were kicking up a fuss about it.
    Now look how much they are.

9. Mark

Mark New Member

*waits in line for 1oz pamps for $33"