Oroton (ORL)

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by finicky, Dec 16, 2013.

1. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Directors buying. Two bought significant amounts of 20,000 shares @ 4.05. On market purchases.

I've had Oroton (ORL) on my high watchlist for years, but as usual, when a desired stock has a major correction the reasons for the correction are stopping me from buying along with the rest of the market participants. What's stopping me having a nibble is first and foremost the loss of their gun CEO Sally Macdonald. Then there's the loss of their franchise on the Ralph Lauren brand and the untested value of the acquisitions of BrooksBrothersand GapInc franchises.

It would be wild to buy ORL with its current chart. It's merely a personal test I apply, but these days I stand well back from any stock that has a monthly close outside its 20 period bollinger volatility band (20 period is just the default one I came across and observed on BigCharts).

A bit perversely though I've also noticed that a succession of three monthly closes outside the band can mark a heavily oversold condition that sets the scene for a major reversal. I've included the chart for Imdex (IMD) where this sequence can be seen during the GFC, 2008. However after Imdex bottomed @ 50c in 2008/09 there was plenty of time left for confirmation. Then Imdex could have been picked up for less than 75c with 80% of the bull run still ahead.

[​IMG]

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/1893_imd_mthly_decade_dec_16.gif][​IMG][/imgz]

2. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Fundamentally how much are they worth pershare without premium?

3. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Skaffold's saying intrinsic 2.29 FY14 rising to 4.27 by FY16. Lowest bearish intrinsic value given by nine participating analysts over three years is 1.68 FY14

4. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

High end retain in Aus, NZ, SouthEast Asia

They are competing with David Jones, Myer etc at a time here economy looks crap.
    I dunno, I could understand ConsStaples... but high end fashion?
    Could go well but probably because of tourism