Opinions please.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by sterling-nz, Aug 15, 2015.

1. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

Well this is the story.
    I recently purchased a Pandora bracelet on our local Trademe site here in NZ.
    It was being sold by a cash converters ( pawn business) up north.
    It was described as authentic Pandora bracelet with 19 authentic Pandora charms.
    When it arrived i discovered that it in fact had only 12 authentic charms and 7 clear fakes.
    Now they have agreed to a refund , BUT ONLY AFTER I SENT THE BRACELET back to them.
    Now i have told them that i want my money first and after viewing their feed back with a rating of 97% and their clearly misleading auction i have no faith i will get my money after i return it.
    I have 100% feed back and hundreds of trades.
    The amount is $250 , am i being unreasonable?
    Thanks in advance:)
    EDIT:Their 97% feed back comprises 30 negative feed backs for non shipping and 20 neutral for items "lost in post "or not as described.

2. Sa_bogan

Sa_bogan Active Member Silver Stacker

did you use ebay to buy it?

3. Antalon

Antalon Active Member Silver Stacker

Hi Sterling
    Just send it back to them and give em a few days for a full refund, if they don't refund you can open a case with ebay and you'll get your money back.

Cases take a while, so just hope they refund you without you needing to open a case.

They can't leave you any bad feedback so you're right.

Edit: I wouldn't refund anyone unless an item is sent back to me.

4. sterling-nz

Trademe-- It is similar to ebay but a NZ company.

5. sterling-nz

Thanks for the feedback.
    Had they had 99-100% feedback i would have sent it back no problem.
    But after reading their feed back i am not confident they will refund it once it is returned.
    The problem here is that with Trademe you have to take the matter to Small claims Court.
    It is not as simple as problems with the likes of ebay.
    So if i send them back the bracelet and as i suspect muck around with my refund then i am left to pursue legal action myself with NO HELP from Trademe .

6. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I would consider negotiating a price for the return for the 7 clear fakes and keep the rest. They still get a sale, you get compensation and your postage risk is much lower.

7. sterling-nz

I suggested that to them and they were not interested.
    What really pisses me off is that as a pawn business they must have known they were NOT Pandora as their jobs have a huge amount of precious metals to deal with.
    After reading their feed back i see this is one of many times they have misdescribed items and many have not had resolution.

8. Hi Stirling,
    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush mate.
    I would simply initiate a small claims action for the value of the fakes while keeping the original item,
    assuming you did not purchase with a credit card so you can not simply reverse the payment.
    I would definitely not risk sending the article back in the hope these people will do the right thing and refund in full.
    You have a potential partial loss now, why risk making that a full loss?
    One final thing if I may.
    If the value of the seven fake charms is to small an amount to lodge a small claims action take the action on the entire items' value and sort out what is owed to you through the magistrate, although I know they will settle with you before the matter goes to a claim action.
    Anyway, send them a letter of demand and perhaps they will fold when they receive that but I would not send them the goods.
    They sound too dodgy to risk doing that and i would just go for the jugular.
    Good luck with it and I hope it all works out for you.

9. sterling-nz

Thanks mate, kinda the confirmation i was looking for.
    If these people had a top notch rating like myself i would not hesitate to send it back and await a refund.
    However they have got plenty of dodgy feed back and unhappy customers and i have a feeling that as soon as they get the bracelet back they will make BS claims or forget me altogether.
    Thankfully i have video of the unpackaging that i was going to upload to my youtube channel and i do not want to lose the bracelet and MY MONEY.
    Cheers:)

10. sterling-nz

Update: As of this morning i have my money back and bracelet has been returned (signature required).
    I had one of our legal beagles send them a letter explaining how expensive a small claim courts experience would be and they refunded straight away without receiving the bracelet first.
    Thanks for those that took the time to reply:)

11. Miksture

Miksture Active Member Silver Stacker

edit: sorry, didn't see you had a solution already.

12. Good result mate and great to hear it worked out ok for you.
    This is the advantage of having a good feedback reputation, even the crooks know they can trust you to return their goods after they have refunded your money.
    Why should a person with a good rep be expected to send goods in faith to someone who has bad form?
    It's very nice to see that honesty and honor are still valuable virtues and are still an advantage in such a corrupt world as we have now. :)

13. sterling-nz

I fully agree with you.
    I am happy with the result.
    Pretty sure i was in a winning situation if it had to proceed any further, but who can be bothered with all that trouble over $250.
    I would have proceeded of course, cause i do not like to lose.

14. I hear you there but I go hard core every time, regardless of the amount, out of principal.
    You could say I have a reputation of being tenacious and ruthless when it comes to debts and this, as well as my rep for straight dealing, has helped me avoid many problems I may, otherwise, have had.
    I never, ever let the bastards win! :mad: