[OPINION] LBC: EBAY IS A GOLD MINE!

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by yennus, May 6, 2012.

1. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This article is almost a year old, but I still found it interesting:

http://www.livebusinesschat.com/smf/index.php?topic=4738.0

"The market is getting exciting. A few hours ago, a 1989 3.3 oz silver clear claw god of war & wealth NGC PF 69 UC sold for $6500 in the Hong Kong Champion auction after very aggressive bidding by in-person bidders. Online bidders were blown away - Not a single one was able to get a bid in (I tried, and failed). Prices started at $1000 and exploded within seconds to $4000, and then sprinted all the way to $6000 before there was any hint of hesitation by the bidders. They wanted that coin, and they wanted it bad.

The whole time, the exact same coin had been sitting on LBC's Ebay list for a month, priced at only $1500. It was purchased from the list within minutes after the $6500 sale. "

I like (and agree with this bit): "...Arbitragers will start buying coins from Ebay, and moving them to China. ..."

2. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

I like (and agree with this bit): "...Arbitragers will start buying coins from Ebay, and moving them to China. ..."
    Sounds like a new profession for you yennus ,brokering coins to the hong kong market, I will consign you some:)..... it seems to me the new money younger generation in China has amassed so much wealth so quickly ,it does not matter what they pay for something if they want it..................My wife has friends who come to the US ,she takes them shopping ,they walk into the coach handbag store and drop 5000.00 on 3 or 4 handbags ,and walk out of the store smiling like they stole them:), crazy.....................

3. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I agree with your sentiment.

Yep, COACH is huge out here in China. Very popular indeed! :)