Oil Price Rising

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by doomsday surprise, Jul 22, 2013.

1. doomsday surprise

doomsday surprise Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What's the go with oil prices at the moment. Brent and west Texas crude about $110 a barrel. Tapis even more.
    I thought that with sluggish/no growth economies all around the world that prices should supposedly come down?
    Anyone know what's going on?

2. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Just like the US stockmarket booming with real unemployment over 15%........it is the movement of capital out of risky investments....euro, muni bonds, yen, US long bonds.....into safer investments......just wait until the exodus out of the US dollar occurs in a few years time....then you will see oil move.....along with gold, nickel, copper, wheat, rice..etc, etc........worse still, the inevitable rise in commodities will fuel inflation even further....prepare for stagflation...stagnant economy and rising inflation

3. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

HUH?

4. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

5. tolly_67

official unemployment about 8 - 9 %.....now include all those who have stopped looking for work or are declared incapable of working and those who don't bother working.

6. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

Bla Bla Bla paranoid conspiracy bullshit .. You guys have seriously gotta get off these sites..

Riddle me this.. Why the hell would you say someone is unemployed if they aren't looking for a job? All these nutjob sites count part time as unemployed,newly retired as unemployed,students as unemployed.

Seriously,you want to count the disabled too?

7. tolly_67

don't forget underemployed...ie not working enough hours....part time, casual......an awful lot in this position.....it really doesn't fit "employed" does it...

8. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

Really? So someone with a job isn't really a job? Why not go one step further & count the ones that are underpaid as unemployed?

How about the ones with 2,part time jobs of 30 hours each? Those in your numbers too?

Even the nutjob sites who count like you say it's around 10%

In my state,30 miles from here Honda is begging for workers & they pay at least 3x the minimum wage. Everyone who wants a job has a job..

9. tolly_67

If they are not employed, they are probably receiving welfare in one form or another, government pension, disability payments, unemployment benefits.....therefore they are reliant on the work of others to provide.....it is not unreasonable to deem them as unemployed

If they were completely self sufficient then they are.......free....

10. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

technically unemployment probably is about 9%, but "employment" is such a loose word. Last yea our company went through a very tough time, as a lot of contracts got canceled.

Now i was technically employed, but my pay was so low that I would of earned about the same amount of money as some one on "unemployment".

So if you want to calculate the technical meaning today of unemployment then it is most likely 9%, but if you want to calculate what unemployment is meant to represent, (not having enough money to survive in the economy) then it is more like 20%.

11. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

You are a complete fucktard & no longer worthy of engaging in discussion..

12. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

So ,you had a job but want to call yourself unemployed?

Did you give up your smartphone & cable when you "deemed not having enough to survive"?

I know people making 10x the minimum wage who aren't making enough to survive at their accustomed lifestyle..

Unemployed isn't a loose word.. It means you want a job but can't find one...

13. leo25

BamaGuy please read before writing. I said I earned about the same amount of money as some one on unemployment.

I see you live in the US so your cost of living is lower then us in Australia. So do you think you can live on say $8000 a year? The only reason i could get through that year is do to me having saving, which i no longer have.

Oh and i did look for other part time work, but was not able to get any due to the large amount of people applying for the jobs.

14. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

Unemployment isn't meant to live on...

Numerous studies show that people find jobs when UE starts running out.. Extending benefits is known to make it worse.. We all know people who are drawing,but really aren't looking for work,or are working under the table.

15. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

Again,show me a poor person without a smart phone,cable TV & name brand clothing & i'll have some compassion..

16. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

Back to the topic... Fast rising oil prices aren't good for this fragile economy here in the USA.. There's talk to stop banks from speculating in commodities trading which could solve some of the high price problem..

I'm not in favor of govt regulating enterprise but since we used taxpayer money to save these assholes,then i'm all for taming them down..

17. leo25

I never said Unemployment is meant to be lived on. I just said that's how much money i earned that year due to work being really bad. I could have gone on some unemployment program to get money from the government, but i didn't want to due to all the BS you have to go through.

Now if you have say 20% of the population that is not spending, what effect you think that will cause??

Oh you mean how like how i don't have a "smart phone,cable TV & name brand clothing" oh or a car. any compassion yet? :rolleyes: but luckily unlike most people I know I also have no debt! and i rather it that way.

18. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

More taxes.. Exactly what we are seeing.. Plus deficit spending.. 17 trillion & counting.

We reward laziness here in the USA.. It's pathetic...

19. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

I was gonna say,according to your posts you're intelligent & realize life isn't about owning those things.

That's why we are here talking about investing instead of a social website planning our next mob flash & rob..

20. Formal warning for language.