Numismatic Gold coins Thoughts vs Bullion?

Discussion in 'Gold' started by DellrugbyPM, Apr 12, 2015.

1. DellrugbyPM

DellrugbyPM New Member

Here are my recent pick ups. Please let me know your thoughts on Numismatic Gold vs. Bullion.

https://youtu.be/T-VJMvENXzQ

Enjoy and thanks for watching!

2. Ant80

Ant80 Member

Numismatic gold coins are often very beautiful and there's always the historic aspect to it, so if you're in for creating a numismatic coin collection, then those coins are a very fine addition.
    However, in many cases, numismatic gold coins can only be bought well over the spot price of the actual gold. So if you're investing in gold purely to have a financial backup, then you'll probably drive better buying bullion coins or bars. Just keep an eye on the premiums.
    Then again, there are coins (such as the 20 swiss franc gold "vreneli", as you showed in your video), which can be bought from banks (in Switzerland) at close to spot price - the same probably goes for official gold coins from other countries, you can probably buy them from banks of the respective country. And in some cases, retailers also offer some numismatic gold coins at bank prices (but no high quality of the coin guaranteed).

Lately I've preferred to stack bullion coins, and sometimes Vrenelis (since they're often sold close to spot price) when I want something more historical. But to each his own.

3. Ant80

Ant80 Member

As for the gold standard question:

The US dollar still rules the economy, and even though it's being printed more and more every day, the inflation caused by it is exported to nations who use the US dollar as reserve currency (that's basically every country on Earth), which for now keeps the US financial machine running and the scam going.

The gold standard is a nice dream, but in reality nowadays it's completely impossible to implement because it would be implemented, it would immediately curtail the US government's powers, stopping their ability to print more dollars, which would in turn rapidly lead the existing world economy into a major recession so fast it would make people's head spin. Currencies would get hyperinflated and drop to 0 value, and prices of gold, silver and various commodities would become astronomical.

4. Ant80

Ant80 Member

Say, DellrugbyPM, are you the same guy I was talking with on Numista a few months ago about selling your those silver bars and coins?

It's me, Antony from Switzerland :)

5. DellrugbyPM

DellrugbyPM New Member

That's me! I had no idea you could get Swiss Gold Francs near spot! I may have to send you money. I can get pamp bars 50 grams and higher for very close to spot here....

6. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hey Dell. I am actually a subscriber to your videos. Glad you found your way to this forum. :)

7. Ant80

Ant80 Member

Yes, that's the advantage with buying Vrenelis, they're usually near spot price :)
    I only just got to this forum yesterday btw, seems like a cool place :)

8. DellrugbyPM

DellrugbyPM New Member

I am brand new here too, a friend referred me

9. Ant80

Ant80 Member

Ok I found this forum on google