NO Dragons at Retails Stores in Sydney

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by 1for1, Sep 1, 2011.

1. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

So i cruised round the coin shops this morning.....

All those that siad they would get etc have sold out? (how - i went when they opened)

OR: only got allocated 2%! of there requested quantites so are having to turn down regular standing order lunar customers..

OR: Have not got in yet but will not allow pre-pay or HOLDING or PRE-ALLOCATION...

What a Schitt day... hard to imagine id been waiting months for this.. took out money the last few days so as i had enough to spend as i have a daily limit.. LOL.. not a single 1 oz to be found!

1for1

2. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Yeah no stores selling at all, not Gold nor Silver.

Fun.

3. silverstalker

silverstalker Active Member Silver Stacker

you can get one for 90 dollars from you know where!!

4. fishball

PHWOARRRRRRRRRRRRRR RIPOFFFFFFF

5. petercamperdown

petercamperdown New Member

on ebay someone is selling the 1/2oz @ $50.60 unbelieviable but true

6. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

That's why everyone is moving to Pandas nowadays. Cheap and easily available. :p

7. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

More like the stores at squatting on their allocations and will wait till prices go up before "magically" finding a box or two of them.

8. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Im converted.. take me to your dealer.. i have some money i was saving for Dragons.. now its suplus.

RE: $90 coin shop dealer.. LOL>. I wont be showing my face in that shop.. got to stand for your prinicples.. if not what have i got.

Im just about done complaining about the whole 1 oz silver dragon thing.. this thread might be closure!

1for1

9. Blockhead

Blockhead Active Member

this will all be over in a few more days. let the flood of overpriced coins on ebay begin!

10. fishball

Yennus. :lol:

11. Lunarowl

Lunarowl Active Member Silver Stacker

I doubt any shops in Sydney will have it, as it's only available in Perth this morning. It will be at least a week till they get their delivery.
    And we've all heard about the tiny allocation each dealer get this time round.. I was hoping for my roll of dragon.. hope the secondary market won't ask crazy prices for one of them :(

12. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Absoluteley.. the first shop keeper i felt was being dishonest with me.. straight "NOPE", "SOLD OUT" this was 10.10 am>. i understand his hostility (knowing he properbly got a fraction of his requested allocation) but in fairness to me id already pre-scoped the shop months in advance requesting to be put down on a list for allocation.. so to get the cold shoulder today was very disheartening... I definitley got the vibe that he was thinking "I got buggar all" and im hoarding them til i can realise PHAT profits.. none for your sticky little hands.. but cheers for giving me a heads up months in advance as to how popular these things are going to be.

Im feeling like Dr Manhatten ATM ... bout to cruise to the moon to work on my oversize novelty clock and contemplate the worlds demise!

The only glimmer of light was Bullionbourse confirming my delvery.. if not for that id be mad as hell right now!

1for1

13. GenYTrader

GenYTrader Member

Why aren't you buying directly from the Perth Mint?

14. Matthew 26:14

Can only buy a few from there.

15. GenYTrader

GenYTrader Member

20 is still better than zero....

16. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

HOPE is something that tragically i am losing over this whole Perth Mint thing.. the whole thing is ugly like the ghostbusters II plot... we seriously need some good-will or else the green slime will start taking over australia.

I appreciated Maggies efforts to keep us all postive by offering a glint of HOPE about a group buy from OS

How come some dealers have SOLD OUT and some have not yet got in.. I know some have in there possession and some claim next week? Why the staggered release?

17. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

I never actually wanted to do business with Perth Mint (given other options are cheaper and faster), this was the exception given that no-where else has (had?) them. I got caught out by the paperwork required.. also didnt realise the draconian legislation required to register... i tried this morning.. still waiting on some level of confirmation (although im totally left in the dark as to duration etc) so by the time they let me buy there product the 1 oz's will be gone and ill have no need for there (COUGH) services.

1for1

18. GenYTrader

GenYTrader Member

I can totally understand that....When I registered I was thinking WTF!!! But on the other hand, they make the rules (and the product we want) so sometimes best just to play the game.

Good luck with your searching.

19. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Classic... i just got got the Propaganda Perth Mint e-Newsletter telling me i can now buy 2012 Bullion Lunar Dragons...

BUT just 1 gold and 20 silver per customer.. shame the newsletter subscription is instant yet getting confirmed as a bullion purchaser is T I M E L Y

just adds to the annoyance.. kick to the guts well im down.

Parker Lewis - i feel your pain my brother.

1for1

20. Matthew 26:14

There are 300,000 of these 2012 dragons out there. Once the large bullion houses in the US begin to release them the price should settle around $60 a coin I would think. The REAL problem would be if there's an attempt to manipulate supply by the Perth Mint dealers by sitting on thousands of these coins to artificially restrict supply and therefore maintaining an artificial price.

In share trading this is what "boiler rooms" tend to do or those who are trying to "pump and dump" a particular share. ie. The bullion dealers only release say 100,000 of the coins over the first month allowing a secondary market to trade. Because supply is so limited, the secondary market will exhibit prices like $100 a coin. Then the bullion houses will try to sell 1,000 coins or so a time at $100 a coin and suckers believe that's the going rate because that's what they've seen in the secondary markets.

BUT as thousands more of the coins enter the market, the price will drop. This is exactly how you pump and dump a share - the key is, you dont want to be the dealer sitting on a large supply (investment exposure) when the music stops and all the other dealers have cashed out pushing the prices lower.