NGC Raises rates

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Justfishin, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

NGC Announces Revised Services and Fees Effective May 1 and June 1Posted on 4/29/2014 New submission forms will be available soon.

NGC has announced a few service and fee changes for regular US and world coin submissions. The following modifications to select grading and service tiers are now being introduced.

Effective May 1, 2014:

US and World Modern and Modern Special Tiers Maximum value limit (per coin) is changed to $1,000.
    Gold Rush Tier Modern gold and platinum bullion coins are no longer eligible for the Gold Rush tier. Please select a tier based on maximum value limit and desired turnaround time.

Effective June 1, 2014:

Economy Tier (US Coins only) Fee changed to $18
    Modern Tier (US Coins only) Fee changed to $15
    Modern Special Tier (World Coins only) Fee changed to $22
    Economy / Value Tier and Early Bird / Standard Tier - Add $5 for Early Releases and First Releases designations. This fee is included in Modern Special, Express and Walkthrough tiers.
    Designation Review Maximum coin value of $10,000. Coins valued over $10,000 should be submitted under the ReGrade service and an applicable grading tier.

An updated submission form reflecting these changes will be available in late May. All coins shipped to NGC after May 31, 2014, should be accompanied by the new submission form. Note: US and world coins must still be submitted on separate forms

2. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Thanks for the heads up. PCGS is soon to raise their rates too I have to imagine.

3. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

30% increase on the world modern tier is ridiculous :mad:

4. iluvbeanz

iluvbeanz Member

What was the price before? Last month I checked, It looked the same as it does with these new prices.

5. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

$17

6. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

inflation everywhere

7. aussiesilver

aussiesilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thee price i paid was $17 last month and it seems to be still the same. I might be wrong but isnt it that the maximum amount the coin can be worth is now $1000 instead of $3000. Am i not looking in the right spot cause i dont see an increase in the fee charged

8. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

There is 2 changes one on may 1st and one on june 1st , they seem to increase rates every year.

Effective June 1, 2014:

Economy Tier (US Coins only) Fee changed to $18
    Modern Tier (US Coins only) Fee changed to $15
    Modern Special Tier (World Coins only) Fee changed to $22
    Economy / Value Tier and Early Bird / Standard Tier - Add $5 for Early Releases and First Releases designations. This fee is included in Modern Special, Express and Walkthrough tiers.
    Designation Review Maximum coin value of $10,000. Coins valued over $10,000 should be submitted under the ReGrade service and an applicable grading tier.
    An updated submission form reflecting these changes will be available in late May. All coins shipped to NGC after May 31, 2014, should be accompanied by the new submission form. Note: US and world coins must still be submitted on separate forms.

Submissions to International Submission Centers are not affected.

9. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So its better to just submit to International Submission Centres for us folks who aren't in the States?

10. aussiesilver

aussiesilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Its seems for us " out of towners" the price for world special has gone up but the normal world submissions has not. World Special is stuff like first release and varieties etc after 1970. My collecton of 1900's Trade Dollars etc will still be at the same price