NGC crossover to PCGS

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Zman, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Zman

Zman Member

Has anybody done a crossover?

I am interested in hearing about your experience. I am thinking about purchasing an NGC ms70 coin and sending it to PCGS and hoping it grades 70. The thing of it is the coin i'm thinking about attempting this with has a population of 0 at pcgs that graded 70 so it most likely will be a 69 but i really am just guessing.

2. m0xty

m0xty Member

For what?

3. Zman

Zman Member

Precisely

I am not attempting the crossover for that reason per say as the real reason is I am missing this one coin from completing my registry set and I can't find it anywhere to purchase so I'm thinking perhaps I can find a way to just add 1 to the population although can be an expensive route if it grades 68 at pcgs and I purchased an ngc70.

Was just curious if anybody else had done a crossover and how the grades came out

4. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

Even for the purpose you are stating, I wouldnt try it with a 70 coin -crazy talk

5. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

I think this answers your questions ?

CROSSOVER: For a coin previously graded (currently encapsulated) by another grading service, PCGS will holder the coin only if it meets or exceeds your specific request notated in the Minimum Grade column on the front of the form. Please specify one of the following options in the minimum grade column on the front of the form. If you leave this area blank, PCGS will assume the minimum grade is the grade currently on the holder.

CURRENT Requests coin to cross at grade listed on holder (no higher than 69)
    ANY Requests coin to cross at any numerical grade (01-69)
    DETAILS Request Genuine with Details
    If you would like to specify a lower grade than listed on the holder, write your acceptable numerical grade (include suffix if applicable).
    Note the following limitations apply:

You cannot specify a higher minimum grade.
    MS/PR70 coins must have a minimum grade of 69 or lower.
    You cannot specify a minimum details grade for genuine coins.
    First Strike or equivalent will not be recognized.

http://www.pcgs.com/gradinglist.html

6. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

Like others said I would be very weary of sending this for a crossover but it depends a little on the coin , what is the coin you are wanting to crossover? and what is the pcgs and ngs population for a ms 69 ?