News from New Zealand Mint

Discussion in 'Gold Coins' started by Gold Kiwi, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Gold Kiwi

Gold Kiwi New Member Silver Stacker

http://www.interest.co.nz/personal-...-simon-harding-about-red-hot-market-gold-dome

Highlights:

• Next week they're launching the Fijian "Double Taku" 1oz gold bullion coin. It will have a face value of $200.[/*]
    • The Fijian "Pacific Sovereign" 1oz gold bullion coin will be off the market soon for New Zealand investors. A German coin house has undertaken to buy the entire mintage for the next five years. This could potentially add some numismatic value to existing Pacific Sovereign coins if there's demand for them.[/*]

As an aside, my gold stack began with Pacific Sovereign coins, as there was a six-week wait for Gold Kiwi bullion rounds post-GFC.

[​IMG]

2. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have wanted a Pacific Sovereign for a while.... but can't seem to find one. :|

Don't happen to have a spare, do you Gold Kiwi? :D

3. Gold Kiwi

Gold Kiwi New Member Silver Stacker

Ask me again in 3-5 years. I might be selling then ;)

4. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I had thought that they had cancelled the Pacific and replaced it with the Taku. I had planned on getting a gold Taku, but not at $2300NZ.

Has anyone seen a 2012 or 2013 Pacific Sovereign? My 2011 Pacific Sovereigns are the carded variety like they had in the video. They are numbered under 300 and I have only seen 5 2011 Pacific Sovereigns in the 18 months since I bought mine. Also, I haven't seen any Pacific Sovereigns dated later than 2011.