News.com.au: Should you join the gold party

Discussion in 'Gold' started by Au.Ag.Mzch, Sep 5, 2011.

1. bsides

bsides Active Member Silver Stacker

this!

2. Nukz

Nukz New Member

Usually the only gold articles i see on news.com.au or ninemsn news are ones promoting selling gold to goldbuyers lol.

There is a bigger push by the media for the public to sell there gold due to higher prices than buying it. has anybody else noticed this?

3. Lucky

Lucky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yeah local shops now have a "Buying Gold Booth"

I had a good laugh reading that article. Thanks!

4. chimpanchu

chimpanchu New Member

Who said we're in 3rd phase of gold bullmarket?

5. Praetor

Praetor New Member

Oh I always love the statement "gold provides no dividends". Well guess what, paper notes also provide no interest sitting in a shoe box unless it is "borrowed out" to be used. However no-one is stupid enough to lend out their gold due to the risk of its no return.

6. hungry_jono

hungry_jono New Member

I think we should all be happy that the mainstream media view on gold is still so negative. It means we are still a long way from a bubble!

7. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Now that's the bubble i'm chasing yeeeha
    Right... and financial advisers such as these guys were recommending to buy? I don't think so, I suspect the recommendation of these types was the same at $300 as $2000... Don't buy!

8. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

The more people stay away from gold, the better. Keep the price nice and low for the stackers.

Mainstream commentators are so predictable on gold - they're talking about something they don't understand, so naturally they don't like it.

And I agree with Fishball, the last one is terrible advice - rocks aint divisible or fungible! Not that the old fella would know what I'm talking about.

This says it all:
    "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Those people are the types that caused the problems.

9. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldn...nt_as_Gold_Surges_&_Stock_Markets_Tumble.html

"These are truly historic times as investors continue to flee the carnage of paper assets (being destroyed by currency debasement) and this secular bull market in gold enters the recognition phase. The gold bull market is in its second phase now and KWN readers need to know that second phases are the longest and strongest phases of a bull market.

This is why gold's relentless upside advance continues to surprise so many market observers, they don't understand the power of phase II. The manic phase III lies in the distance somewhere. At that point the masses will be buying and the gold mania as Jim Sinclair said, "Will light your hair on fire."

10. gbickle

gbickle Member

Yeh its clear they have no idea... But when Gold is $5000 they will be saying the exact same thing and pretending they understand whats going on.

11. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

Of course - I'll just pay 3 times what my jewellery piece is actually worth shall I?

Great investment... I lost 2/3rds of my 'investment' as soon as I walk out of the shop.

Imbeciles.

12. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

13. Guest

Guest Guest

These experts are just spouting more mainstream propaganda, Suze Ormond style.

I say now is the time to buy gold with open arms and excitement.

14. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

@Fishball:

Also from same article:

"Run through history, and you see the same pattern over and over again. Assets investors are the most bullish on perform miserably in the future, and vice versa."

He goes on to talk about recency bias. So what? Is it better to find a stock that is plummeting and jump aboard?

Another big reason these guys have a vested interest against gold is that they can't derive commissions from it. Gold is gold, you don't need to 'pick' your bullion. It's either 9999 gold or its not. You certainly wouldn't pay a commission for information on that.

It's a bit like asking a Real Estate agent whether Government Housing is a good idea. They can't make money from it, so why would they endorse it?

15. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Yep...every time these shills spout more crap it just strengthens my beliefs in PMs :lol:

Amazing how desperate they're getting though. First it was $1500, then it was $1700 and now $1900. Same story, different spot price.

16. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

And they'll continue to be wrong

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Exactly! The media has been wrong about this for 11 years in a row and people still believe them year after year after year. Every time gold drops a little they ALWAYS say that the gold bubble's burst or the economy is recovering so people are selling their gold. It's outrageous that these tycoons who own the media have the gaul to use their media organisation to OUTRIGHT LIE to the public. And what's even more outlandish is that people continue to listen to these clowns.

18. tldrkovacs

tldrkovacs New Member

ABC Bullion actually had a piece in The Australian today.. One of the first pro-gold stories I have seen in a newspaper.