New Perth Super Pit 2023 1 OZ Silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by aussiesilver, Sep 20, 2023.

1. aussiesilver

aussiesilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Heres a pic of the new Perth Mint Super Pit to be released next week, mintage of 100000

[​IMG]

pi and spannermonkey like this.
  2. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Was waiting to see what they come up with this year. The design looks a tad busy.

Upside down not much different.
    upload_2023-9-20_22-4-41.png

3. hardyakkagold

hardyakkagold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

One of the greatest acts of vandalism in Australia against the natural environment with the hole even being visible from space, and the powers that be celebrate it with
    coin strikings!

And yet these same powers that be are threatening to ban Gold Prospecting with Metal Detectors because some detectorists leave their small dig holes unfilled!

Does anyone else on here see the funny hypocritical side to this or is it just me?

Maybe as their next project, the Mint should design a Super Pit coin with the pit being in the shape of Australia
    and with refuse being thrown in it!

It would be much more appropriate and factual, even I would buy some of them coins;)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
  4. florincollector54

florincollector54 Well-Known Member

Legislation governing prospecting in most states is a total joke. Went to go panning at the start of the year and after some research planned to head to a creek deep in a state forest in NSW. Had got a permit from Forestry NSW and then realised the area was covered by a giant exploration permit (over 100km2) so I contacted the mining company (happened to be foreign owned) that had the exploration permit and they refused me permission.

Real $ and hardyakkagold like this.
  5. hardyakkagold

hardyakkagold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes, sadly that is the daily reality facing gold prospectors and gold fossickers in Australia these days, more and more public land being locked away
    from us all the time, soon there will be nowhere left to go if you want to enjoy this great hobby and pastime.

Real $ and florincollector54 like this.