New guys Don't sell your allocation of silver or gold 1oz coins

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Holdfast, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There's a lot of you new guys and girls who were registerd members of the Perth Mint bullion site.

If you got an allocation of 20 silver bullion coins and 5 gold bullion coins...don't sell them until you have considered this:

Your roll of coins, have average coins, and highly sort after coins.

The American market, in particular wants graded coins that fetch a high premium...a lot more than what you'll get if you just sell them not knowing what you have.

Some of the coins in your roll, of lunar dragons could be worth 3 or 4 or 5 times the price you paid.

So.. be very careful before you sell for a quick profit, because you could be losing hundreds of dollars.

If you have a roll of coins, get them assessed and never let the assessor out of your sight.

Ask how much it will cost to assess your coins before allowing assessment or join a coin club to get then assessed for free.

The coin market is full of sharks..be careful and if you want no bullshite facts visit me at kitco because I only give facts and I don't care about the big boys who manipulate the market.

Kind regards

H

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Accessing PCGS or NGC slabbing from Australia is very difficult for the average punter... slabbed coins have a miniscule presence down here compared to the US. I've got a small collection of pre-33 USA gold I'm slowly building up that is destined for the USA to be slabbed, but I'm taking it there in person - some dealers offer to act as a slabbing middleman, but it's very inaccessible here.

3. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

True goldpelican..and I respect your position and authority on this site.

My message is nothing more than for members to investigate how to increase coin value.

As you are aware..our goal is to help and promote younger people and to provide options and outcomes so that they too can increase their wealth and knowledge.

It should be known, that those registered members who took up their allocation from the Perth Mint have the capacity to make a few dollars and we should encourage that help because to do so is the Australian way!

Kind regards

H

4. goldpelican

Oh agreed - the prices on modern MS70 bullion are well worth chasing - the practicalities of getting grading done are just a bit of a barrier.

5. asdfghjkl32

asdfghjkl32 Member

Good thread to push... I am the young person you mentioned. By the way, Kitco got an office in Australia??

6. goldpelican

No, Kitco doesn't have an office in Australia.

7. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

What are some ways people can look for MS70 coins, as far as I can tell they all look pretty good. Is there some reference points on the coin/round that people should try to be aware of. Any information would be appreciated.

8. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

google The Sheldon grading system. It will give you all the information you wish to know ;)