New: Ghost Mine

Discussion in 'Gold TV' started by Big A.D., Jan 18, 2013.

1. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

http://www.syfy.com/ghostmine

Can be streamed via the Syfy.com website without any stupid location blocking.

2. Ashman

Ashman Active Member Silver Stacker

I was just about to post this show up.

Personally I found it to be a bit boring (though it's only the first episode, it may improve) I watched the first "ghost hunting" segment and then fast forwarded through all ghost hunting segments after that and only watched the parts with the actual miners in it. Watching people stand around in a mine with a voice recorder talking to themselves doesn't entertain me.

It does however feature underground, hard rock gold mining which sets it apart from all other gold shows out at the moment. So I'll give a few more episodes before I give up.

3. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

Good grief theres a lot of gold mining shows on these days. More is made from the TV of gold mining than gold mined I think !

4. Ashman

Yep, that's how the Hoffman's were able to pull out only 100oz's last year but this year can afford to run to 2 claims, and buy/lease a D10, a D9, a fleet of Volvo trucks, new Volvo excavators and build/buy 2 new washplants.

5. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

Didn't they say the store owners and merchants made all the money. Not the actual prospectors, workers...

6. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

Yeah this one is rubbish. Pseudo science and very little gold mining on show. Apparently apparitions etc only appear when its dark, what a crock !

7. Ashman

Yep, I got part way through the second episode, and gave it the boot, even with fast forwarding through the ghost "hunting" segments there isn't enough mining to keep me watching.

It's a shame no one has a show on hard rock gold mining.

The only other underground mining show I know of is Coal, (which as the name suggests is coal mining) it's pretty good if you like underground like me.