NEW 50g Silver Piefort Berlin World Money Fair Panda

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by New2Pandas, May 4, 2017.

1. New2Pandas

New2Pandas New Member

I can't believe there's a Piefort Berlin Panda. Last year the 1oz PF70 Berlins were selling for over $1k with thousands minted. There's only 300 of the 50g's minted! I guess it shouldn't be surprising seeing this medal get this much action in no reserve. I heard about this coin at the Long Beach show earlier this year and they were saying this Panda would be "the" medal to get this year. Where are they?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300-Minted-...635629?hash=item4b15e1532d:g:n-sAAOSwvKtY-VtO

2. New2Pandas

New2Pandas New Member

3. perfulator

perfulator Member

Yup it's nice one! Do you know the source of those claiming it's the medal to buy? There are so many self proclaimed experts that hype this or that, so I've stopped listening. Maybe I've become old and grumpy lol. But I'm sure it's a good medal to own if you get it at the right price. I'm an owner of serveral show medals myself, including one of the low mintages from last year Berlin. If I were you I would have waited at least a year.

I wonder why they point to pqpanda? They sold the one recently, but is this a sponsor product which they control, or were all 300 sold at the show? In that case, anyone know the asking price there? If sponsor controlled, price could be more sustainable by releasing slowly, but with as many as 300, they soon would rather improve their inventory turnover to finance new projects. Well, I'm just speculating...

andrewlee10 likes this.
  4. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

this clip is funny. It is either the best show medal, or it will the best to come down from their lofty levels in the very near future. Lol.

"considering the 2016 1 oz. counterpart ANA show pandas sold for around $250 per top example and the 2016 1 oz. counterpart Berlin show panda sold for around $1K per top example. I think it’s safe to say the Berlin Pandas have proven to be in the highest demand for the Show Pandas.

The obverse features the German parliament house, the Berlin Television Tower with the logo of the World Money Fair. Each coin has a unique number (1 through 300) engraved on it. The reverse depicts the Berlin Bear, the Chinese Panda and two Chinese coins. The Berlin Panda design was crafted by the famous Shanghai Mint designer, Yu Min. .

For more information on how to acquire one of these beautiful Pandas, contact PQPanda ([email protected])

5. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My deduction it is from Mister Chou Champions Auctions House commissioning to someone. In fact, HK, Macao, Anaheim and Berlin were commissioning by Champions if I am not wrong.

Need to careful of sponsor controlled item too. If the sponsor has weak hand and always change game plan is risky. Must check his track record for few years rather than current. I did make a track in my record book of many sponsors.

Berlin 50g does not sell in Germany at coin show which I heard from few German Collector. It might release to German soon.

DECLARATION: I have accessing to Berlin 2017 50 g panda medal.

6. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Here the video of Berlin panda 2017

Coins A-Z likes this.