My Experience With Perth Mint So Far......

Discussion in 'Silver' started by dagsgarrett, Apr 7, 2011.

1. dagsgarrett

dagsgarrett Member Silver Stacker

Over the last month or so I have been setting up my SMSF, Transferring Funds from 3 Funds into one fund, organizing employer contributions into particular funds, signing and Certifying numerous copies of endless documentation all of which have been done successfully and at last my SMSF is up and running ready to purchase my precious bullion the time has finally arrived!!!............ But wait I have so far spent 45minutes to an hour waiting on the phone to speak to someone at the Perth Mint , tried over 6 different numbers to finally get through to a lady that was going to kindly send me out a information pack via email which I never received. So spent another 30minutes trying to get through to the Mint again which I finally did and must admit the gentleman was quite helpful. Then tonight I received an email which I was hoping to be conformation of my successful account set up, but no it was to say that my ID that was provided was not sufficient and must be resent. Can someone please ease my mind and tell me I am not the only person to have had an experience like this with the Perth Mint.

Regards Dags

2. Jing

Jing Member Silver Stacker

i signed up for perth mint online - sent scanned copies of certified passport n electric bill.. no issues what so ever.
    Made my first purchase from them today, just waiting for package now :p

Hope your account gets sorted soon :0

3. Trichter

Trichter Member

I was there today... they were run off their feet when I got there. I don't know how representative that is of recent days but the lady said today was really busy all day. I queued to buy some bullion. Mixed bag in there. Some buying gold and silver and some selling gold jewellery.

4. Szag

Szag Member Silver Stacker

Joined them 2 weeks ago. Bought 12 kg since. The only hitch was they said they would send the email confirming my account had been opened and they never did. Otherwise has been great. And MUCH faster than Bullion Bourse.

5. dagsgarrett

It Just Keeps getting better with Perth Mint,

Resent more certified copies last Friday for I.D requirements only to receive a email tonight saying that I am nearly there only now I need a Marriage Certificate to confirm that my wife is my wife!!!!!!. Is this a joke can someone please point me to the section of Perth Mints website under CUSTOMER IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENTS FOR INDIVIDUALS that states I need to provide a Marriage Certificate to buy Bullion.

6. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

SUCKS big time.

Buy elsewhere.

Jump thru hoops.

Prove it............

cool it.

Sucks like a vacumn cleaner.

7. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You trying to buy or set up a SMSF?

Keep under the radar.

8. dagsgarrett

Maybe they are doing me a favour and by the time I have my Bullion Account set up we will have experienced a massive dip and I will get twice as much as I would have bought if it was set up this week. I think I will be waiting until 1st of May now to purchase now as to save on storage fees,

9. Forge

Forge Member

As Boneyard said, if you don't want the hassles, deal a little further down the chain. I will say though, that once you get through the (extensive) formalities, purchasing/selling metal is a relatively painless affair.

Generally Perth Mint, especially the depository side, is set up to deal with a larger scale client for whom the formailities aren't so much an inconvenience, but the necessary and proper process. When you are dealing with the sums of money and quantities of metal that depository does, to not have those processes in place would be negligent.

10. spclst69

spclst69 Member

I sent the girlie to the bullion counter today to buy some stuff and there was 3 people being served, another 3 people waiting, and then her, which is more than i have ever seen. Although it is Thursday today, mainly Pay thursday for a few people, so that might have something to do with.

11. investor555

investor555 New Member

subscribing to this thread because i'll be buying from them soon, one problem i dont know how to save the photocopied picture to my computer

12. spclst69

spclst69 Member

Do you have an all in one printer, or have a friend that has one. Just photocopy front and back on the one page, and scan it as a picture. Then you can email the picture.

13. villiagegate

villiagegate New Member

I had a relatively painless time setting up a depository account. I'll admit, there was a fair bit of back and forth, and frustration involved, but that was down to me, not them.

14. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

You know you can always buy from the the PM shop and take delivery without an account. You only need an account with them if you want to store with them or buy unallocated - which you will miss because they are shutting that window from May 1. There are no SMSF rules that say you have to store at the Mint.