Music thread removed

Discussion in 'YouTube Digest' started by goldpelican, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nominating myself as Music Administrator! :) :cool:

Example of decent content. :)

I see Fire (Kygo remix)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btkLW9hiBdU[/youtube]

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Honestly the members only General Discussion is the appropriate place for such a thread.

3. Holdfast

The appropriateness of any thread is to be the benefit of the owners of the forum and those who contribute to the thread.

There has never been a warning or suspension to any member on or for the music thread.

There has never been a warning or banning for content and why would there be when folk have used the music thread on the weekend "mainly" to have fun and share tunes.

At no time has there been content of a sexy nature been broadcast before 21:00 hours Eastern standard, nor has there ever been a complaint from any of the forum members.

The owner of this thread has allowed content and to my knowledge has not complained even though the content was supposed to be music folk who are genius.

Genius in my opinion is different to the OP and it would seem that although the Op originated the thread he has not complained as to the content.

It would seem to most folk that if folk post in-appropriate content that does not conforn with Australian standards, You-tube standards, Google Ad standards or any other ethical standards then...I would assume that any youtube video supplied by Youtube would be appropriate to post "BECAUSE" Youtube has discretionary content that often makes conetent null in void for a particular country such as Australia.

The posters who posted music have done nothing wrong!

We have posted music from Youtube...controlled by Youtube and in many insytances those tunes / music have had thousands if not millions of hits.

It's obvious to all why the thread has been deleted...and to those who bother to read my message, you can see who binds the wrists of freedom and why!

I don't think it's Youtube but they are a good excuse!

4. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

An option for subjects that are too far off-topic for a precious metals forum is to simply create a sub-forum on Reddit. Anyone can do that, and the person creating it is initially the moderator.

So you could create www.reddit.com/r/MusicGenius or /r/StackerTracks or whatever as long as no one else has created subreddit of the same name.

_

5. Holdfast

That's not needed Pete...besides its been done before.

All that is needed is guidelines...not even that really...none of the posters who regularly post want to upset the apple cart and would genuinley like the SS staff to reconsider.

We are not so silly as to shite in our own nest and.... as the main contributors to the thread....we can organically monitor any in-apprpopriate content as directed from the SS web-site owners.

I don't think there's any need to go behind closed doors to play tunes.

H

6. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

most of the music in that thread belongs behind closed doors in an old peoples home :p: did you miss me ?

7. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

If you don't believe me Holdfast I will post a screenshot of the warning from Google when I'm back in the office tomorrow.

8. Holdfast

No need GP...topic is closed / dead.

Cheers

H

9. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

please sound wave bury this.