Murphy's Law in PM Stacking, Do you agree?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by JNS, Oct 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JNS

JNS Active Member Silver Stacker

MURPHY's LAW basically states that anything can go wrong will go wrong while YPRUMS's LAW is the opposite that states anything can go right, will go right.

What do you think in precious metal stacking?

2. StewyD32

StewyD32 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If something goes wrong in the world the metal prices are right (i.e increase due to this, and everyone gets tight pants) and visa versa but not as extreme with more of a floor.
    So the answer to your question is no and rather the opposite.
    That's question can be construde many different ways as there are so many different variables in stacking

JNS likes this.
  3. JNS

I loved stacking really i do, apart being filled of unwanted situation, risk on PM stacking is far better than other investment.
    Too many variables are vehicles to inflict harm but too many of it as well can also give much more benefits and advantages.
    I agree, not extreme down but also not a long way to greatest degree for PM.

So, while Murphy's law is respected universally in many industries, attaching and giving always a blame to the law to cover imperfection pave a way to usual escape.
    Still, maybe somebody can share their humble opinion when it comes to stacking.

4. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

murphy's law states- the price of PM's shall fall immediately after the purchase of said PM's

l***g, Silverling and JNS like this.
  5. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yeah I agree with that too. It's a bit like shares as well, nearly everytime I buy some at good prices, it drops even more the next day. :eek:

I look at precious metals as la longer term investment and as a bit of a currency hedge. So whether it is $21, $22 or $23 an ounce, there's not really that much in it.

But sure, when it goes to $21 and you start buying, bet ya Murphy's law will kick in and drop even further the next day. (With my luck it does anyway:D)

JNS likes this.
  6. JNS

So, in the world of stacking PM, the Murphy's law parity are pricing activity and the selling time. So when we loss in PM stacking we can therefore blame Murphys law :)

Hey, my vision and calculation went wrong and i do not know why the prices are coming down or vice versa. Sorry i lost the game again.

7. JNS

Hahahahaha :D:):), How many times Mr. Murphy's states when it comes to pricing, when it falls it will fall, if it rises it will rise. Now we know, falling knives are double bladed, no one knows how high or low the trend works.

Silverling likes this.