Monthly Silver Sub Crates

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Ravenous Treasure, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Ravenous Treasure

Ravenous Treasure New Member

Hello,

What is everybody's opinion on silver subscription crates? I ordered one from Coolstax.com and was actually very impressed with it. Customer service, shipping and product was awesome! I realize I'm paying a bit of a premium for the service and could buy a bit more silver BUT I look at it as a fun way to stack.

Surprise every month, one time order and easy way to passively add weight to the stack. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts and thanks!

Rav

2. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have never heard of them, would never blindly allow someone to send me silver every month at a price that they decide and haven't looked at the website you have mentioned given this is your 1st and only post here and you post a link to a foreign website. Feels a little spam like.
    Actually I'm going to report it to be safe

swoydaz likes this.
  3. Ravenous Treasure

Foreign Website..not sure what that means but you're more then welcome to look it up..not foreign?? In fact it's a completely legitimate website having to do with silver. Isn't that what this forum is all about? Yes I am new to this forum..thought you were supposed to share experience and ask questions..no?

4. serial

yeh , generally people will introduce themselves 1st, post on the website in different threads etc. a spammer will post a question regarding a website other than the forum trying to drive traffic to it.
    posting links is not a problem generally but the way you have entered the forum iis the typical MO of a spammer

swoydaz likes this.
  5. Ravenous Treasure

I guess I understand that but not the case here. I am in no way affiliated with them nor am I affiliated with any bullion dealer. I'm a silver stacker and coin collector..if I was going to promote anything it would be my YouTube channel but I'm not even doing that. Was just trying to get some opinions on silver related subscription crates. If I'm going to be ostracized right away for asking a simple question about silver in a silver forum then I will just not use it. Thanks for the heads up!

6. serial

If you think that you will get someone to white knight by threatening to leave the forum because I raised concerns about your 1st posts then your just proving my point.
    If you hang around, introduce yourself properly and contribute to the forum in a less spam like way then you will be welcomed to this community. If you're going to take your bat and ball then leave because of my post then good riddance
    As for my opinion of coolstax.com (after a review of their site), they are a basement slabbing operation that attempts to value add with gimmicks like subscription crates that engages in social media like promotion of its own products. Un trustworthy and i would recommend that people avoid them. I have seen this type of marketing via stealth before and it has simply reinforced my belief that you are here to promote them
    By all means prove me wrong

milled likes this.
  7. tongkat

tongkat Active Member Silver Stacker

I had a quick look at the coolstax site. Wasn't impressed by a basic wordpress site full of self promoting content.

As for buying PM's sight unseen in a mystery box. Highly unlikely unless there was a DEEP discount. And even then it would be from a site that didn't look like it was put together as a High School project.

I'm on a couple of monthly subscription programs for art and art supplies. But the deal is, I'm sent about 3 times my monthly subscription fee in product so I don't feel bad if it's something I have little or no use for at the time.

8. tongkat

tongkat Active Member Silver Stacker

To echo serials sentiments. First thing I thought when I saw the OP's post was here's someone outsourcing their website promotion. Cool if that's not what's happening.

9. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'd stumbled across some of these and watched out of interest the buyers do their unboxing.

10. Ravenous Treasure

Yeah I've seen all of these as well..I actually do the Investor Crate also..great company and veteran owned.