MMC's for sale

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by Ryaneod, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Ryaneod

Ryaneod New Member

Is it just me or has the market here been flooded? ;)

2. silverfever

silverfever New Member

Do you mean by Luckmoneyro?
    I have found less and less interesting auctions on ebay lately. Maybe sellers are waiting for stronger MCC prices if/when QE3 is unleashed.

3. Ryaneod

Ryaneod New Member

Eh, from everyone really. It seemed before if an auction was posted, you would have 4 or 5 of us going back and forth on it. Now you have an auction up for the plated fishies and he has had to bump it over and over and over and had to extend the ending date and only has 1 bidder. Either we have all ran dry, or the market is being flooded. Something to say about limiting what is available to be consistent with the funds of the buyers! ;)

Just my thoughts, but figured I would throw it out for discussion.

4. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

I think the market here at least is initially full with a few people being keen collectors, to some being occasional buyers. We will need a lot more buyers here if everyone is selling their stock. At the moment there are more sellers than buyers. Plus I think the key interest was initially Pandas to which Yennus did a fantastic job of introducing these to a local market.

Then however it exploded to a larger range which was MCC it is huge and so much variety that we could never keep up with it from a small base. We have 5000+ registered users, I would say that of that there are 20 - 50 dedicated in the MCC market. Probably another 100+ on the fringes. Does not leave a lot left, considering these people have already probably got what you want to sell ?

5. silverfever

silverfever New Member

This is not a shot against anyone here but basically if there is no interest in a particular auction, the start price may be a little too high. Start an auction at 99 cents and I'm sure you will see a lot of action. ;)
    I for one wouldn't start any auction here at 99 cents because of the low buyers base here. You definetely can get burned.

As for the plated fishies, the start price is definetely a fair price. Raw is going around $70.00 add the price for conserving and grading at around $100 in addition, you get the $170.00 start price. This does not include the postage and handling, sellers time and effort etc...
    I already have a set raw. Otherwise I would have bid on it.

Unfortunately, I think that most people here including me are not after fair prices. We are after "steals". :D

6. серебро

серебро New Member

There lays the problem of trying to sell/auction mccs on here. But it is a two way street, I have got some great prices when buying. And as for selling if I wanted to get high prices I would sell on ebay. I prefer to sell here, even if it means lower prices. I have never had problems at all on here, but ebay thats another story.