Missing prospector's belongings found south of Menzies

Discussion in 'Prospecting & Detecting' started by goldpelican, Jan 23, 2013.

1. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Hopefully not a Silver Stackers member. Good luck to those in the search.

2. Lunarowl

Lunarowl Active Member Silver Stacker

Any members been inactive since the 13th? :(

3. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

We had a prospector go missing up this way a while back http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2012/10/30/235838_local-news.html Didn't turn out too well for him maybe.

Much entertaining local gossip due to the behaviour of the charged couple/family in the past in the area allegedly shooting at towards unwanted visitors and the use of a helicopter to dispose of certain parts of evidence and such, not to mention the background of the missing person and his friends activities with horticultural activities. Fifty shades of deliverance in this story, hope the subject of the OP is found safe and well. It has been a while though. :(

4. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

Not that it makes it any less tragic if he wasn't an SS member.

5. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Goes without saying.

6. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Two people convicted of murdering prospector, sentenced to life...
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-...son-convicted-murder-of-bruce-schuler/6647230

Body has never been found.

7. DSK

DSK Active Member Silver Stacker

i agree with Ben, hopefully not one of our own...as meaning we are part of real community.
    its like when we think of a relative. we have a bond.
    but yes, with all empathy, we feel for this person and his kin, and hope that we dont have a 'personal' connection.

What i have seen in the bush, or have been told.....if you ever stumble across a 'cash' crop......run the other direction
    and keep your mouth shut. When living in townsville in the early '90's....was told by a mate that in air (1 hour drive south of t/ville
    that local known, but unknown drug syndicate would plant crops in the middle of sugar cane and tell the land owner to shut up or be shut up.
    If you find a crop on your land to look other way or you will pay....this was done to his family farm....his dad ended up selling and moving on
    as you cant go to the currupt poLICE.....as they say, lay down with dogs and you get fleas..

when ever i go bush..and never alone....I always tell someone where abouts i will be,,,,and when i should be home..and that if
    i dont call to say i am home to expect the worse and get help...it is all too easy to plant dope and look from afar all movements
    coming and going...if you see anything that shouldnt belong....ie, any type of watering system, buckets, fertiliser to get out of dodge.
    dont explore around....people watching will just see you minding your own business and leaving empty...but if they see you looking
    around cos you see a buckets, bottles..they will assume you are either going to steal or to squeal....when cash involved people can do
    things that they wouldnt normally do.