Mismatched certificates & Boxes - 2010 Koala & Crocodile

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by elninjo, May 31, 2013.

1. elninjo

elninjo New Member

Hi all,

just wanted to put this out there in case someone who has/wants these stumbles across this.

I purchased a number of 2010 discover Australia coins from a local Australia Post outlet. Out of the 10 I purchased I found 2 to be mismatched:

Coins (2) = 1 2010 1oz Crocodile discover Australia Silver proof coin - The dreaming series and 1 2010 1oz Koala discover Australia Silver proof coin - The dreaming series.

Boxes (2) = 1 AG Lizzard serial # on bar code sticker 4212 and 1 AG Platypus serial # on bar code sticker 4049

Certificates (3) = 1 common wombat serial # 03915, 1 filled neck lizard serial # 04217 (2 in the one box) and platypus serial # 04049

its a real mixup on these and I am hoping that I can find the person/person's who have purchased with the same problem.

I am looking for the certificates and boxes for the crocodile and koala.

I have contacted Perth Mint on these and have sent the certificates and boxes to them at their request in the hope of sorting this out.

The more exposure the better is my thoughts

Cheers

2. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

Did you go back to aus post and ask for a fix?

3. elninjo

elninjo New Member

Hi Daneil,

yes I did but unfortunately they couldnt help me as I purchase the last of their stock. I did get them at a discounted cost originally due to being old stock and they wanted to clear their cabinet for new stock coming in.