Millenium (MOY)

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by VRS, Apr 29, 2013.

1. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bought a few today - on the basis that I don't think it can go any lower, junior goldies seem to back in favour, low production costs (-ish, compared to other Aussie gold co's) & advances at Nullagine, WA

Check out the quarterly activities report dated 18/4:

http://www.millenniumminerals.com.au

Also see http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.a...n-climbs-at-nullagine-gold-project-42198.html

START

Millennium Minerals (ASX: MOY) has delivered an unaudited EBITDA of $10.1 million for the March quarter 2013, on the back of gold production from the company's Nullagine Gold Project in Western Australia.

The $10.1 million also excludes the positive hedge book valuation adjustments, which is "in the money" and valued at $26 million, based on A$1,320 an ounce spot price.

Gold poured was up 43% over the previous quarter, totalling 17,089 ounces fine gold against a base case forecast of 17,273 ounces fine gold.

Importantly the total unit costs including both royalties and a $281 per ounce non-cash amortisation and depreciation charge were $1,139 per ounce (C1 unit cash costs were well contained for the quarter at $826 per ounce poured against a base case forecast of $829 per ounce poured).

Millennium's gold sales for the period were 15,729 ounces at an average price of AUD$1,610/oz, and the company has a cash and gold bullion holding at 31 March was $11.1 million.

Proceeds from gold sales amounted to $25.3 million, up 31%. Another plus for the company was that all obligations under the debt facilities were met with a $1 million repayment during the quarter.

Strong quarter

Millennium said that the outstanding March performance brought quarterly results to forecast levels after February's output was affected by Cyclone Rusty.

Forward Guidance

Millennium added that the base case production planning for FY2013 is indicating an operating forecast at design throughput rates of 1.5 million tonnes milled to yield 78,000 ounces.

The production plan indicates higher gold output in the second half arising from commencement of mining at the higher grade Golden Gate deposits.

Processing of this higher grade ore is scheduled for the December quarter. Projected C1 unit operating costs are forecast at $829 per ounce and $881 per ounce after providing for royalties.

As a guide total cash costs including royalties and corporate overheads, before sustaining capital, depreciation and amortisation and exploration are estimated at $937 per ounce produced.

Upper production guidance (83,000 ounces) at nameplate reflects slightly higher grades mined. C1 unit costs under this case would be approximately $785 per ounce or $44 per ounce lower than expected costs under the base case plan.

The company expects gold production for the June quarter 2013 to be between 16,000 ounces and 18,000 ounces in line with the base case forecast.

Expansion

The increase in Ore Reserve allows the Company to now study various production scale options. These options relate to assessing the feasibility of higher throughput rates, in the order of 1.7Mtpa to 2.5 Mtpa, to achieve minimum annual production rates of 90,000 ounces and possibly above 100,000 ounces gold over the current life of mine at a slightly lower head grade.

Analysis

Millennium is a profitable gold producer and the total unit costs of $1,139 per ounce including both royalties and a $281 per ounce non-cash amortisation and depreciation charge.

The company is also well-positioned to ride out the current volatility in the gold price, and has an "in the money" hedge book valued at $26 million (mark to market at a gold spot price of A$1,320/oz).

Millennium is also in a position to reduce costs per ounce, and on the upper production guidance of 83,000 ounces at nameplate reflects slightly higher grades mined, the C1 unit costs under this case would be around $785 per ounce or $44 per ounce lower than expected costs under the base case plan - which has the potential to increase profitability.

END

2. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There was an $850.000 buy today, someone is interested enough to outlay that sort of money. C,mon cough up who was it ?

3. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

4. Caput Lupinum

Bought this little ditty for $0.055 at the beginning of February. Recent high of $0.275 before a pullback for a 5 bagger. Still holding

5. scrooged

scrooged New Member

Sure you did.

6. scrooged

scrooged New Member

shhhh. Dude.

That wasn't being sarcastic.

Good stuff.

7. Caput Lupinum

I'm not Silversale or Leon1998 - I can upload all my currency trading, futures trading and other share trading history to prove I'm not a fraud. There's a reason why I'm able to do this kind of thing as a living, not just a hobby. Regardless though, I'll keep my trades to myself from now on :)

8. scrooged

scrooged New Member

Sure you can.

Context mate. It's the internets.

Doesn't always look like it may sound.

All good.

9. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Glad to see you are not another fake like Silversale or Leon1998 but not glad if you keep your trades to yourself from now on. Keep the info/tips coming please. I am considering getting some ABM Resources stock in light of your recent thread on it.

10. kramer

kramer Member

oopsy - forgot to edit out your email address shawn

11. scott_reeve

scott_reeve Active Member

MOY weekly chart

[​IMG]

12. scott_reeve

Over 6 months on since my last MOY chart.

MOY ended up going largely sideways, first holding around 18.5c Support, then around 16.5c Support (after a quick test of 14c).

Last week's volume the best in about 6 months. More strong volume needed to support this move. 200dma needs to act as Support otherwise a re-test of 18.5c is likely.

[​IMG]

13. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've had a look and 17 to 16 cents look like a good buy assuming gold is bottoming right now and keeps moving higher (which I think it is)

14. scott_reeve

Been a while, but an updated MOY chart below:
    [​IMG]

15. scott_reeve

administrators called in. Another junior miner falls by the wayside.