Mike Maloney's 'Why Gold & Silver? - Full Version Is On YouTube ! ! !

Discussion in 'Silver' started by silversurfer2010, May 18, 2011.

1. silversurfer2010

silversurfer2010 New Member

Hi guys,

A long time ago I was getting frustrated trying to explain the economy and precious metals to friends and family. They were sitting on their hands saying 'everything is going to be fine' as the markets went to hell in a handbasket. A close friend lost 40% of his super in no time. I decided to make some kind of short film that would do the explaining for me, one thing led to another, and to another and to another. Here's the result:

EDIT - WOOPS I UPLOADED THE VIDEO BUT IT HAD A GLITCH, I'LL ADD THE LINK WHEN I REUPLOAD IT. DOH.

I would be honoured if you use it to help explain our economic predicament to your own friends and family, that's what it was made for.

Thanks for watching!

Dan

2. fosinator

fosinator Member

Thanks Dan :)

3. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

:( got part way into it and went to make a coffee came back and "pulled by user" :(

4. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's being re-uploaded to fix a glitch (See above edit)

5. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Look forward to seeing it. thanks for uploading.
    am waiting for it to upload now ...

cheers

6. silversurfer2010

silversurfer2010 New Member

uploading as soon as I can....should be up within 24hrs

7. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

So is this just the same as the Gold Silver DVD up there in 12 parts at the moment but as a single video?

8. AGgressive Metal

AGgressive Metal New Member

Can't wait.

9. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just wanna say for the record, I absolutely loved the initial 'promo release of this DVD with all the dramatic music. Very cool!

10. Ilikemetals

Ilikemetals Member

It was on his youtube channel for 3 hours and was then takendown. Luckily i downloaded the file, if anybody wants it let me know.

11. Loxmyf

Loxmyf Member

When you say 'luckily', I assume you mean that your copy with the glitch will have numismatical value in years to come and the one we download in the next few days will only be bullion value?

12. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

Thanks. on a side note... I, and apparently a number of other stackers first learned of the potential benefite of silver after reading Mike Maloneys book; which was part of Robert Kiyosaki's "rich dad's adviser series.
    R.K. has just written a piece in which he says that gold and silver are not good investments.

13. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

link?

Sounds like he's pulled a 'Stella' on us ... ?

14. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

This?

by Robert Kiyosaki
    Online Exclusive Update #87
    Conspiracy of the Rich
    May 16, 2011

Why Gold and Silver Aren't Good Investments

For years, I've advised people to buy gold and silver, especially up to the year 2010. As you may know, gold was approximately $275 an ounce in 2000, and by 2010, gold was over $1,300 an ounce. Silver has been the better of the two precious metals, starting at below $3.50 an ounce a few years ago and reaching a high of approximately $40 this year.

Yet, gold and silver aren't the best investments for the following reasons.

Difficult to leverage

With real estate, my bankers will loan me 70 to 80 percent of the purchase price. Even though gold and silver has gone up, few bankers will lend you money to invest in gold and silver.

A banker may lend you money for gold and silver you have in your possession, pledging it as collateral against your loan, but most will balk at the idea of borrowing money to speculate in gold and silver.

No cash flow

Gold and silver don't produce cash flowfor most people. If you're sophisticated, there are ways to have your gold and silver produce cash flow, but if you know how to do that, you don't need gold and silver.

Taxes are high

As you know, there are two types of income from investments: capital gains and cash flow. Most novices invest for capital gains. They hope and pray their investment goes up in price. For example, they hope their stocks go up in price or their home goes up in value.

Cash flow investors invest for income on the asset. For example, they invest for cash flow from their real estate or business, dividends from their stocks, or interest from their savings or bonds.

Taxes for real estate investments are the best. For example, an investor can pay zero in taxes for capital gains and for cash flow. Taxes on capital gains for stocks are 15 percent for long-term gains and 30 percent for short-term gains (investments held for less than a year). This is one reason I prefer real estate instead stocks. I'd rather not pay taxes to the government.

The worst taxes are on 401k plans and savings. The income from these investment entities are taxed at the highest tax rate, ordinary income, the same tax rate for employees.

Taxes for capital gains on silver and gold are 28 percent, which is higher than 15 percent on stocks and zero percent for real estate.

Once again, the reasons why silver and gold aren't the best investments are:

1. Difficult to leverage
    2. No cash flow
    3. Taxes are high

On the flip side, gold and silver is an easy investment, especially when the Fed is printing trillions of dollars.

But, if the Fed stops printing trillions of dollars, gold and silver may become the next price bubble to crashbut I doubt that will happen.

If the Fed stops printing money, there will be a giant crash causing a tsunami of pain and destruction. Cash will become kingand so will a gun.

I still believe your best investment is taking courses and investing in your financial education. Regardless if we crash or go into hyperinflation, those with a sound financial education will be better off than those who are counting on the government to solve this financial crisis.

Thank you for supporting COR.

Robert Kiyosaki

src: http://mikepiro.com/blog/why-gold-and-silver-aren’t-good-investments

15. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

That is why I stopped paying any attention to RK several years ago. First he would praise silver and say any price under $20oz was cheap. Then he would trash silver.

16. Comper100

Comper100 Member

" gold and silver aren't the best investments"

I've just listened to this two, seams pretty contradictory. I thought he loved PM's! Only seamed to be a few months back I was watching his videos where he was saying to buy ounces at a time if you don't have much money???

Odd....

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Kiyosaki said that "silver is the best investment he has seen in his life" He has also predicted $6000 silver and $7000 gold

He said that about two years ago, so according to his statements he's saying that making $30 an ounce profit would render the best investment he's ever seen in his life into something that might not be worth buying anymore. WTF.

He advocates network marketing over pm's at this stage in the bull market wtf.

This man may have had the illuminati goons appear in his life.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Wouldn't be surprised if he cut ties with maloney at some stage

19. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

Read his message clearly:

still believe your best investment is taking courses and investing in your financial education. Regardless if we crash or go into hyperinflation, those with a sound financial education will be better off than those who are counting on the government to solve this financial crisis.

In short, buy his crap cause he doesn't give a crap about anyone else's situation but himself

20. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

he just lost my respect