Mike Maloney 'Debt Collapse' is live, full 90 minute presentation

Discussion in 'Silver' started by silversurfer2010, Aug 17, 2011.

1. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

I was quite amazed by this prediction so I looked it up - the version I found said 'thrown into a lake' - I wish he had put a date on that! :)

2. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

the quatrain is a very graphic description of a plundered financial system - i don't know what else he "saw" after that

3. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

There were plenty of inflationary and deflationary cycles in the past, but I don't have time to discuss it right now. See Chris Martenson's Crash Course. I believe that most of the inflation was caused by wars and then deflation would correct prices back to the original levels. At least until the fed reserve was formed.

4. malachii

malachii Well-Known Member

When the Zimbabwean fiat collapsed - they didn't go to PM - they moved straight to another fiat. Same with Argentina and I think - the same as Germany. Yes - PMs were easily tradable but when the fiat collapsed it was just replaced with a "new" fiat.

malachii

5. Aengrod

Aengrod Member

I believe you missed a videos posted here, that show people of Zimbabwe paying for food with gold. Now, I know that's only one fiat currency, try to imagine, when the same will happen to all of them in the same time!

6. malachii

Sure - people used gold for limited trading before the collapse - but you still couldn't pay your normal bills (power etc - not that they had much in the way of power) with gold. It was more the "cash" type transactions that you could negotiate with gold - same as at the end of the Vietnam war.

When the last Zim fiat currency collapsed the government didn't move to gold or silver - it went to SA currency - another fiat. When Zim previous currencies collapsed they didn't go to gold or silver - they reprinted new fiat. Same with every other fiat currency. I cannot think of any that have moved from fiat to PMs - although would be very happy to be corrected on this!

It is unlikely that all fiat currencies will collapse at the same time. Even if they do - new governments will quickly replace with a new type of fiat (ie world currency). It is unlikely that modern commerce could handle PMs as a currency and as for backing a currency with a PM 1:1 - the practicalities and supervision/regulation would be anarcharistic to say the least.

malachii

7. Atomic79

Atomic79 New Member

Just getting back to the Mike Maloney presentation for a bit ...

Even if the price of gold/silver go to enormous highs, we all have to sell it in order to move into the other cycling asset class/es.

Enormous gains means paying CGT on those gains. If hyperinflation occurs, the government will be collecting quite a lot from PM investors! How far ahead will we be when one takes into account true purchasing power and forgets about the $ number.

I'm interested in how to balance this out...I've read other blogs on using debt at the same time to counteract "illusory gains" (i.e., inflation-based gains). What do others think about this?

8. SilverBaron

SilverBaron Member Silver Stacker

It's not about getting into PM. It's about getting out of fiat.

When the value of fiat currency gets out of control, people generally buy gold (and/or Silver) to protect their wealth. This has happen many times throughout history.

The end result may be a fiat currency (a new one) as most people have stated, but the point is you can take your gold and cash in for the new currency and in the end take no loss.

9. systematic

precious metals are also known as "transition" metals because of their electronic structure

and oddly enough it also seems to work for economic ones as well

10. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Another cycles guy huh? :)

11. systematic

His predictions do not get rosier ...

12. DonaldTrump

DonaldTrump New Member

Took me 4 sittings over 24 hours to watch the full video. Very annoyed at how time-poor I am at the moment.

Fantastic video.

13. Earthjade

Earthjade Member

Nobody ever talks about the werewolf-slaying properties of silver, which to me is the critical factor in the years to come and why it will perform so much better than gold.

Why does the mainstream media never cover this?

If you look carefully, you'll see that this information is being actively surpressed by the COMEX and JP Morgan.

14. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Um, there's an active trade in silver shot on the trading forums. Who knows what the end use is ;)

15. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

It's nice to see someone has got fractional lending and understands the problem.

If I lend $100 to my friend and then he lends $90 of that to another person we have just engaged in fractional lending. It happens all the time in society. The reason people think the banks are creating money is because they think the money in their account belongs to them. It doesn't. It's money that the bank OWES you. Which is why they are paying you interest for it. It is not money in and of itself. However most of society will happily take bank iou's for money rather than the money itself these days.

16. Slam

Slam Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have no problem with this, as long as everyone understands this system and it is taught at school and widely known. Let the citizens choose whether they want to participate in this monetary scheme or not.

It is only until recently that the truth has started to leak on how the current monetary system works. This current system preys on those that do not understand it and are under the illusion that funds in a bank account represent their money / wealth. When in fact it represents the value that it can be exchanged for at that single point in time. The value is consistently stripped and reduced over time if the currency is not working for you. One reason is the ease of which the system expands the currency pool due to fractional reserve lending.

In a free market, people can choose to use their currency of exchange. At the moment the market is not free because we have to all use fiat dollars.

I believe there is a reason why this is not taught at school, university. Its because the people controlling or owning the banks can skim wealth (if they spend their fiat dollars before everyone else) off the system without providing anything of real value.

At the end of the day, hats off to Mike Maloney for waking up more people. If it won't for his books and another author's book the creature of Jykell Island I will still be a sheep like the majority of people. To this date my mother is still in denial and chooses to keep her inheritance in cash form. Despite me begging her to buy gold 3 months ago. She is still in denial today. I gave up, sad but there is nothing else I can do.

Slam

17. malachii

Ahh - it is taught in school. I first learn it in business studies in high school and then covered it a couple of times at University. My son who is in Year 7 this year has just covered it. It isn't some secret that the Illuminati are trying to hide. Fractional lending and banking principles have been taught in mainstream for years. Whether people have listened and understood is another matter.

malachii

18. Slam

Slam Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Maybe times have changed, when I went to school 16 years ago. We weren't taught this. If it were, I would have made the effort to understand it properly if it were taught (like all the other subjects I studied).

Another point to note is, there is no way out of this system. You have to pay your taxes in fiat dollars.

Ok, say we accept this system as is, the only way you are going to preserve your wealth is to actually buy assets that will hold or increase in value over time. Not everyone will be able to do this effectively, there are risks in all investments. There are winners and losers all the time, not everyone can win. The only way out now is to buy non counter partied assets that has demonstrated to hold its value over history. These assets are non perishables that can stand the test of time and cannot be created into existence. Surprised where we are heading? there is only a handful of assets that I know satisfy this criteria. I'm sure if everyone was armed with this knowledge and understood the monetary system. We would all be saving our wealth in Gold and can relax knowing that it will preserve purchasing power without having to always chase the illusion of getting that extra bit of interest on fiat dollars to keep up with price inflation.

Slam

19. SilverBaron

SilverBaron Member Silver Stacker

There is a reason why we have fix term deposits.

If I store $100 to with my friend to keep it safe and he lends $90 to someone else, that is fractional reserve banking. At anytime I can ask for my $100 back and he will be screwed.

On the other hand, if I do a fix term deposit for 1 year for $100 and he lends $100 for one year (or less). That will work out ok, as I can only demand my money after one year, in which case he will have the $100 back.

Now, the leader has to pay me back in one year so he has to make sure the person he is leading to can come good with the $100 after one year. This is a natural regulator for leading and stops lenders making poor decisions. Before fractional reserve banking, the lenders did their homework on you before giving you a cent, because if you didnt come through with the repayments, they were screwed. They looked at your pay cheque. They looked at your living style. They called you boss to make sure you had a job and to how long you were likely to have the job for. The looked at ALL your bills and expenses, and then they give you a buffer for unforseen events.

Have you ever wondered why it's so easy to get a loan? All they need is 2 pay slips and a credit history check and they lend out half a mil? It's because it doesnt matter if you can't pay them back, the currency was created by the loan and can disappear by the loan. There is nobody they have pay back, unlike in the previous situation.

20. malachii

Maybe - but I was at high school in the 80s and my son is at school now so not sure what happened inbetween.

THIS STATEMENT IS THE ONE - THIS IS THE BASIS OF WEALTH CREATION! FIAT/CASH OR ANYTHING THAT IS AFFECTED BY INFLATION OR DEPRECIATION IS NOT AN INVESTMENT. YOU SHOULD NEVER EVER HOLD CASH FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME IF YOU CAN HELP IT. ALWAYS ROLL IT INTO ASSETS THAT HOLD OR PREFERABLY APPRECIATE IN VALUE AS SOON AS PRACTICAL! If you can grasp this and this only - you will be a very wealthy person. A very old Jew taught my father this just after he emigrated from the UK. My father drilled it into me and I'm afraid I've been doing it to my kids.

As MM says in this presentation - true wealth is buildings (r/e) businesses, farmland (r/e) (4.27). Notice he never says PMs. PMs are a means of maintaining purchasing power not a means to wealth - wealth being defined as increasing asset base and cashflow.

malachii