Mexican 50 Pesos Gold Coin - Real or Fake?

Discussion in 'Gold Coins' started by Itanimulli, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Itanimulli

Itanimulli New Member

Hello a week or so back I saw this coin while browsing uk Ebay. The coin was listed in the silver world coins section. But the real 50 Pesos would be a gold coin, right? Anyway it sold for around the price of an Ounce of silver. To me it looks fake, and is why I never bid for it, plus I can't believe in the age of internet they didn't research the coin for a better description - just doesn't add up. I need someone else to confirm my feelings about it. If I was wrong I am going to feel sick as a pig haha.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

[​IMG]

^^ the coin on ebay, I know it's not very clear. They only showed one side of the coin as well. I presume the other sides quality/features sucks pretty bad lol. The pattern around the rim don't look right in places. Plus the colouring/tone looks crappy, guess it could be just a rubbish pic.

The rim on a real coin looks more precise. The base the figure is standing on looks different too, to me.

[​IMG]

What are your thoughts people? am I wrong

Have to say I would give my right arm for a real one of these coins. They're truly beautiful!