Melbourne Monthly Meetup - Sunday 16th October 2011 - 2.00pm

Discussion in 'Meetings & Events' started by adrenalin, Sep 11, 2011.

1. adrenalin

adrenalin New Member

This meeting was quite strange this time round.
    It was a really quiet day everywhere, even the restaurant was not busy at all.
    The roads weren't busy, everyone must of stayed at home, was a quiet day.
    Some people were telling me it was because of the rugby or the motorcycle GP. Who knows?
    Either way our meeting still went ahead.

This time round we had a pretty casual meeting.
    I think just over 15 people but under 20 people attendended. Normally we have double that amount.
    Either way, we did get to have a good chat with each other. Some new faces also tuned up which was good.
    Everyone got to show what they had for sale and there was a few good bargains.
    GP was reluctant to crack open his roll of 1oz Silver Rabbits but it was shortly all spoken for.
    During the auction there was also gold going for under spot! Yes under spot!!

I listed up my 1oz Silver Dragons for $70 each. Only had one guy interested after the auction.
    The last meeting they were selling for up to $120 each.

I also had my 1oz Proof Dragon up for auction starting at $120.
    It only went for $160 at the end! The winner could easily list it up on ebay and get double that amount.
    I also bought a roll of 20 x 1oz .999 copper coins for $10. Not quiet sure what Im going to do with those?
    Picked up a 1/10th Dragon at a good price, 1oz Silver Lunar Goat for $50 and a 2oz 2009 Kook for $90.
    Royal Silver .99999 Macau coin for $60. So there was still bargains around.

Anyways I think we shall have 1 more event before the end of the year as it starts getting into the silly season.
    Places are already starting to get booked out.
    Stay tuned for the next event! Date yet to be confirmed.

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

It was a change from previous meetings - much more casual and for the first time in ages everyone got to speak to everyone.

3. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Sounds like a great time and some really good bargains to be had. Was that dragon really in the popcorn? What the? Very generous on someone's part. Very nice.

I was at the motogp so I didn't make it round to this one. Looking forward to upcoming meets in Melbourne I can hopefully attend.

Well done guys

Dan

4. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Oh I took one of those $5 coins into the bank today - think it was a 1988 Parliament House one. Banked it no problems - although it did give the teller some pause as she checked it out - said it had to be "sent off" as it was a commemorative, but accepted it without fanfare. The other teller next to her was amazed that I was banking it - "don't you want to keep it?!?".

"Nope - it's just $5."

[​IMG]
    Source: cruzis-coins.com

Thinking I might stack a few as fiat :p Had four on Sunday, within minutes I'd given three out as change :D Bar wouldn't accept them though.

5. bbbbullion

bbbbullion New Member

For my first meet and one of the new faces. I enjoyed it, open chats and opinion about precious metals, great insight, friendly atmosphere and bargains with some good items... Looking forward to the next meet and hopefully with much a bigger turn out.. I only bought myself a couple of gold coins and 20oz of copper coins. I just like the coins haha..

Thanks to the organizers aswel, exactly the kind of meets new investors need...

Cheers guys

P.S I didn't even know about the dragon in the popcorn..