Martin Armstrong: The Truth About Gold and Why You Should Buy It

Discussion in 'Gold' started by rbaggio, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Byron

Byron Guest

I was thinking about this coin the other day! It's a very historic coin.

Issued under King Otto, the first king of an independent Greece following liberation from Ottoman rule in the 1820s.

King Otto was a Bavarian prince chosen by France, GB and Russia to rule Greece fairly and to unite the different political factions that had left Greece in chaos. He tried really hard to modernise Greece and implement much needed economic reforms but was handicapped by partisanship and intrigue (much like today).

Some of the beautiful neo-classical buildings in Athens were built during his reign and on his instructions.

Ultimately though he was overthrown and leaving no heir, went back to Bavaria to live out the rest of his days.

Had Greece retained the Monarchy an elected conservative governments in the 80s and 90s it would have been in much better shape today.

Many thanks Steve for the pics and info - if possible i'd love to see this coin in person at the next meet.

2. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I actually bought the coin to the meet today for a little show and tell.
    Will bring it along to the next meet unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse. :lol:

3. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Short version of my opinion.

Hommel, discredited himself with his writings against the Perth Mint.

Armstrong, I have yet to see any of his predictions be accurate. Yet he claims to be a genius in hindsight. In the latest article he downplays the effect of naked shorting by stating that there is a long for each short.

That is truthful, but idiotic in the context of his argument. If a quadrillion kilos of gold are are created and sold as real gold bars, yes there would be a long and a short for each bar sold. So what, the effect would be to annihlate the price of gold. Armstrong must be smarter than what he is writing. But right now he seems intent on selling people that everyone else is either wrong or copying his position. So we must buy his products. Not for me thank you.

4. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Who do you listen to dccpa ?

5. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Hi JulieW

My list is considerably narrower than it was at the start of this year. I still like Sinclair and Ben Davies but they have been wrong about pm prices all year and I don't invest based upon their shorter term market calls. And I still listen to kingworldnews.com, but I ignore Turk, Hathaway and Greyerz. Btw, the current Ben Davies interview posted on KWN is from November.

But as to who seems to be accurate:

Pierre Lassonde, Bill Fleckenstein, Dan Noricini, Jim Rogers, and Kyle Bass. I like Rob Arnott and James Rickards, but I am not sure whether they give any useful current investment advice.

6. Antonis1967

Antonis1967 New Member

Unfortunately the coin shown above is not orginal....is a counterfeit and the easiest recognise it by the thichest rim from 12 till 4 o clock
    at the observe...

7. greyman68

greyman68 New Member

:cool:If is a real coin and not a fake, I am willing to trade $100 Trillion Zimbabwe for it.( yes I am a closet Trillionare).:cool: