Man Throws Away Gold to Spite Wife

Discussion in 'Gold' started by J-Money, Oct 29, 2013.

1. The Road Home

The Road Home Member

Not in this country, feminism is cancer. They hunger only for power while using the cover of equal rights.

2. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

A lot of sad stories on this thread.

Divorce proceedings in court evolved to stop the wives of rich industrialists becoming destitute if the husband traded them in for a younger model. I'm talking 200-100 years ago.

Fast forward to today and the system is used to destroy people (men), absolutely.

3. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Slightly different same concept, Demi Moore is worth $150,000,000.00 but she has been fighting Ashtun Kucher (spelling?) for spousal support for the last two years....... Not only will he pay her a settlement but then he will have to pay a monthly "allowance for living costs"

She has $150,000,000.00 already but he has to keep handing over cash to her....... And she has dragged him through court for years to get it.

If he stopped working he would probably not have to pay.

A lawyer told me the more useless you are or can be the better off you are financially.

If you have or develop a mental illness that will go in your favour. If you are unable to work ever again and can have a breakdown or are totally useless or are on medication you'll do much better at settlement.

Basically the system rewards uselessness and laziness. The system is designed for deadbeat fathers and if you are not a deadbeat father you will be treated like one anyway.

I really do not understand it. I have been told not to look at it with logic or it will do your head in. What a system.

4. somethingsilverrelated

somethingsilverrelated Member Silver Stacker

This thread developed into quite a discussion! Lots of interesting stories about how bad done by men are, which may or may not be true. The fact remains though that women are treated a lot worse by men than men are treated by women. And at the end of the day, if you strike a woman, you are a cowardly piece of shit!

5. col0016

col0016 Active Member

I see you get quite emotional when people talk about having their ex wives take everything lol.

6. somethingsilverrelated

No not emotional, just a statement of fact my friend!;)

7. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

I strike my woman on the butt regularly & all she does is giggle :p:

8. The Road Home

The Road Home Member

This comment of yours can go a number of different ways.
    If a woman strikes a man then it's fine.
    If a man strikes another man then it's fine.
    If a woman comes at me with a knife and I strike her then as you stated, I'm a "cowardly piece of shit".
    Men are discriminated in court in divorce cases purely because they are men. She automatically gets the house and everything in it, he gets the street and support payments.
    Men are taught to take responsibility and women get a free ride. Men have massive pressure on themselves and burden.

"At the end of the day" as you put it, if man decided to stay in the cave those thousands of years ago instead of venturing outside because of need or curiosity and it was left up to women, we would to this day still be wearing leafs for clothing and eating wild berries.

9. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What if she's a professional boxer. And she hits first?

10. somethingsilverrelated

Would you like some dip with that chip!

11. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have to weigh in here. I left an abusive relationship several years ago. it was mostly mental but there was some physical abuse. she knew how to work the system as she worked within it and she threatened me with that regularly. when I finally had enough and stood up she turned hard on me and made heaps of allegations that where not true. when I tried to get help I was told that I could not get support as I was male and the services are there to help females. I then fought hard for 4 years with no support and self represented through the courts. at the end I was fully vindicated in the court judgement of all accusations and now have sole custody of the children and she is meant to be getting mental treatment but refuses to do so.

if I was female I would have received significant support services and the case would have taken 1/3 of the time to finalise.

so don't ever think for a second that females cannot be as nasty as men in relationship breakdowns. people just have an assumed biases towards support women due how things have been in the past. times have changed and men and women are equal now and people need to accept that
    you should be writing
    "at the end of the day if your abuse a loved one your a cowardly piece of shit"

12. somethingsilverrelated

Don't get me wrong I totally agree and know that it goes both ways. However as I read through the discussion I noticed a distinct imbalance in the attitude of respondents. I think if you looked at the stats, even if you took into account unreported assaults and abuse on males, you would find a distinct imbalance. Sure women can be emotionally manipulative and vindictive (seen it and totally sympathise with men who are going/gone through this), however it's never an excuse for assault. If a grown man doesn't know how to handle himself without violence then I would argue that he is not much of a man.

13. willrocks

Ever consider males are too ashamed to report the abuse? Or the the system is biased towards females reporting abuse?

A friend of mine had his ex wife chase him with a knife, nearly stabbing him. He never reported it. He said it's not worth it, cause she would say he was abusing her.

14. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think that this is more true than a lot of people believe!

15. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Men do not report it, the fella I mentioned earlier who used to get bashed by his wife was a soldier. His wife used to belt the living crap out of him. We could not work out what was going on, on a couple of occasions he came in really busted up. She was "big" he just stood there anD would take the flogging. We sat him down and got it out of him eventually then the pieces all fell into place.

Not a common but it does happen.

I would be the first one to condem anyone who hits there partner.

I may be wrong but I would say there are a lot more men who bash their wives but there would be a lot more women who emotionally, phsycologicaly abuse their husbands and make false claims against them and rape them financially.

I think it has swung in women's favour.

If you have man who loves his kids, works his arse off builds an asset pool you can have a woman that says I want a new car and a trip to America NOW. If the fella says we can not afford that at the moment the woman can say if I do not get it I will leave and I am taking the house, 70% of everything including your super and the kids and you will not see the kids. You then factor in another 15% - 20% going to lawyers the fella is left with bugger all and then has to pay child support.

He want to see his kids for 2 nights a week, she says no because "you did not make the kids eat their carrots when they were at your place". Then you have 8 months of mediation and court with no access at all to your kids because you need to go through the courts to have an order done. If you go to see your kids she could ring the police make false allegations and have an AVO placed on you.

Then since you have not had your kids for 8 months you are told you have to pay the highest rate of child support.

The thing is the above is very common.... And through out the whole thing the kids just want to see their dad.

People then loose it, withdraw everything in gold, throw it away and assault the ex or kill themselves. Look at the statistics for male suicide during family breakdowns..... If the fella does kill himself guess what happens..... The super is payed to his ex as a pension as she is the carer of the children.....

I can see why people loose the plot, people are backed into a corner.

16. Tacrezod

Tacrezod Member

I wonder how it will play out when the first same-sex divorce comes up in court?

It may shine a light on the current (inequitably perceived) situation?

17. somethingsilverrelated

You are absolutely right! There is a huge amount of abuse that goes unreported, by both men and women. There is no argument here. Men are just as hesitant to report abuse as females. Perhaps for different reasons though. There is a lot of passion in this topic which makes it difficult to argue rationally. I would say perhaps instead of looking at your individual circumstances, or those of people close to you, maybe do some research and have a look at the stats.

I can also quote instances of personal experience. I work as a volunteer at a helpline in victoria and have friends who work on women' helplines and also in women's shelters. The amount of abuse on women these people see on a daily basis would shock some people I think. And these are the women who have finally decided to leave their partners, usually after years of abuse (we're not talking one instance here). I also have friends who work in the EMD at major hospitals in melbourne who see the after affects of this violence. It is truly shocking!

And then maybe take a look outside of Australia, look at the way women are treated around the world, 'Honour killings', 'acid attacks' etc, and then decide if women have it better off than men.

18. willrocks

I'm against any spousal abuse, especially the violent kind. And I agree that women have had the worst of it for a long time. But some comments in this thread imply women are the ONLY victims of abuse, when that's clearly not true, especially in developed countries.

Just yesterday while waiting for a train I saw a large fat woman punching and screaming at what I can only assume was her (much smaller) partner. He sat there and took it for about ten minutes. All this in front of the kids. I couldn't possibly imagine anything he did/didn't do to deserve that. However, if the guy did react, would that have made him a "cowardly piece of shit" as one poster put it?

19. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

20. willrocks

The article states he only brought gold because "bank tellers wouldn't let him withdraw the money in cash."

No more large cash withdrawals these days. Only EFT.