Malaysia gets the message... Silver over gold ;)

Discussion in 'Silver' started by VRS, Nov 3, 2011.

1. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Oh dear... here we go again...

The ref to 'breasts' was if you'd dyr at palmtx's (may have been Hiho's - I honestly can't remember it being so long ago now) behest... and if anything was a light distraction from less mothball-scented woodness here... If you need any more clarification go ask Ag-Ness or Ladybird... they'll put you right. Glad to see that you were lurking rather than contributing, there, in the shadows... lol!

It really doesn't matter - and I'm glad you've managed to express something which has been troubling you about Brisbane - you should drop by more often - especially to a thread which had been rolling along quite nicely until another twonk turned up to pull their own chain in public... so on y'go... (shakes head)...

Besides that you seem to think that anything you might have to add should make me give a flying funk... which of course it doesn't... and never would.

Ben - deal with it will you - I'm all for balance ;)

VRS ;)x

ps - Thx for the Google stats Thuc - it's a shame Mr Melbourne didn't think to look first eh? lol!
    pps - Personally I love Melboring...

2. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

Breasts? Where?!?!?

3. Ikikyabut

Ikikyabut New Member

( @ )( @ )

4. Guest

Guest Guest

(*) (*)

5. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sorry mate but there is a bit of difference waxing lyrical about those wonderful pieces of female anatomy, and spending the same amount of time educating others in terms of paraphrasing a link/articles contents. I know which I'd rather be doing. As for the right or wrong of VRS in not doing so (ie taking the time to paraphrasing a link/articles content), thats a different issue.:|

6. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

This has become a Bris v Melb thing, now? Now THAT is funny.

When does the 24 hour ban start?

7. VRS

Evidently... Chickentown...

VRS ;)x

8. Javacoffee

Javacoffee New Member

Royal Silver is giving away the MaCaw for the club membership, not the dirhams. From what I've gathered, the dirhams are exclusive only to Mynet. Royal Silver is not selling them either

9. Guest

Guest Guest

10. ozzanon

ozzanon New Member

This is hilarious. Seems like someone's PA doesn't work weekends.

Thanks for the link VRS and interesting article. In fact you provide alot of interesting links and information from what I have read so thanks for your input.

Though seriously, this is a one page article, what sort of Executive Summary does one need? I thought the headline was the summary.

For the records, nice looking coins and will be interesting to see what happens when this spreads through the world of Islam.

PS. For those concerned about clicking on links, you can always copy and paste. Be warned though, that requires two more clicks. :rolleyes:

11. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

With all the due and respect to everyone,

But i sincerely hope that this coin DOES NOT spread through the world of Islam.

WHY?

Because the coin costs at least around $80 !!

Why does it cost that much ?

Purity : 99999
    Low Mintage numbers

The extremely high purity is not needed for the average man who intends to use silver for wealth preservation and future medium of exchange.
    The average man does not need to know that ( PI ) equals 3.1415 if he is building circular objects, knowing that it is 3.14 is precise enough.

It would be smarter for Malaysians to BUY 2000 Canadian maples instead of 1000 10 Dirham coins.

WHY ?

Because of the price !

12. VRS

Or Andean Cats?

13. ozzanon

ozzanon New Member

Perhaps there is some validity to your argument, but you could apply the same argument to low volume mintage of any coin.. ie. Lunar Series. Value always lies in the eyes of the beholder right. Just like the American dollar. People will pay what they think it is worth at the time. Same with stocks, derivatives, treasury notes, etc etc. This is just my opinion, but perhaps the $80 is closer to the real "perceived value" of silver than its current perceived "or manipulated" value.

14. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

yeah, but the 10 Dirhams is intended to circulate as a LEGAL TENDER, and the people that are targeted are not collectors but those who are waking up to silver and gold as
    MONEY.

and we are slowly going in the direction where value does NOT lie in the eyes of the beholder, but it lies in the weight in the hand of the holder.

15. ozzanon

ozzanon New Member

Yes I hear what you're saying. You have to wonder how the $80 value was derived or maybe $80 is closer to its real current value in weight. Who would ever really know, or at least that any of us would ever get to hear from.

16. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

Thank for your comments and advice. See above for this discussion... and no, my PA does not work on weekends but that is not the point.

17. VRS

18. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

19. overdraft3

overdraft3 New Member

http://www.silverkini.com/ There is a few Maybanks dotted around me here in Kuching Borneo I see that there is a 1, 2, 5, 10, and 20 Dirhams with set type total costing on this site at least 950 RM/ $AUD @ 3.2356 exchange rate as of 15-1-2012. A dirham is 3.11 grams right ? i.e set total is 118.18 grams for $293.60 AUD. Correct ? . Nevertheless I might kill some time and pop down and try and locate CIMB Bank Lot 262 Section 48 Ground Floor Wisma Bukit Mata Kuching Jalan Tunku abdul Rahman 93100 Kuching Sarawak and hopefully find someone who can speak decent English and see what the crack is . Driving in Hong Kong and Bangkok is rough, you guys wanna try this rabbit warren let alone find a park, lolz Cheers.