Lynas... Oh Lynas.....

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by VRS, Mar 11, 2014.

1. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

'Plunged 14%' this morning - predictable really as the clowns in charge announce that they'll 'probably' have to raise funds to 'maintain adequate liquidity ceiling'...

Aside from the long game on the stock being mega price suppression before the major banks come in with a pittance of an offer driven by the US DoD Strategic Materials agenda, does anyone in their right mind think that they'll be able to beg borrow or otherwise acquire MORE debt?!?!

What makes this even more laughable is the announcement today keeps mentioning the phrase 'going concern' - several times - which as we all know based on previous form of the directors (who are remunerated royally to preside over this major Australian disaster story) intimates that it is contrarily NOT a going concern.

The FIRB will now be looking at this with long eyes (and at sufficient arm's length no doubt) wondering why China's Baotou wasn't allowed to acquire a significant chunk of the co for decent money back in 2010/2011?!

I had revised a price range of 15-20c ps in February - now I feel even that is wildly optimistic.

Shocking. Just shocking...

2. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Shame really. I like the idea of investing in rare earths but Lynas sucks so badly

3. clear

clear Well-Known Member

some people have done some serious money on this stock - what a fcuking disaster, rare earth my arse more like clay/mud

4. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

this Lynas has been the biggest fucking mess ever FULL STOP. I've been burnt but on a brighter note, not nearly as bad as some others rampers on other forums I've been watching over the years - lucky enough.

5. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Know nothing about this company but from a quick look:

5 years ago it was 10c

been up to $2.70 and now back to 27c

has never made a profit

I'm sure I could find hundreds of stocks with similar histories

6. clear

clear Well-Known Member

and what's your point

7. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

My point is why is everybody whining if they knew they were buying into a company that has only ever lost money for it's shareholders.

If you buy only based on future expectations you better be prepared that those expectations may not eventuate.
    Such a strategy can lead to spectacular profits but also spectacular losses.

8. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wise words... and applies to a wider scope than just stocks, as most stackers would appreciate.

9. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It is one of the heck roller-coaster ride.

Imho, continuous soverign issues, capital hunger, n so-called "new breakthrough product" that may not eventuate have burnt a lot of small investors.

In addition to that, its mammoth share registry (close to 2B if i am not mistaken) made the big boys play a significant role in share price. The mgmnt is pretty much at their mercy.

10. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

My point is why is everybody whining if they knew they were buying into a company that has only ever lost money for it's shareholders.

That's like say if you aunt had balls she'd be your uncle :/ of course with every investment there is an element of chance but with this one it's been one knock back after another. I do blame huge ramping on respected forums and media reports for the mum & dad investor being sucked in with this one :rolleyes: me included.

11. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

yeah ... I recalled the times when it was trading from 25c+ then double then $1 ... and when at $1, a lot of people dived in and boasted when the SP went all the way to $2+.

I also read an article some mom and dad's retirement savings punted on this stocks :|

Now back again to its original starting point 25c+ after 5years journey.

12. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

Maybe i shouldn't comment about my positive experience with Lynas about 5-ish years ago until my spidey senses told me to get out.
    Glad that i did really given what has happened to stock price which is a pity, it could have been a great story for them if things hadn't gone pear shaped as they had the potential to stick it to the manipulators. In the end though they would always have been at the mercy of those who could flood the market when they wanted and influence the spot price.... that story sounds familiar somehow....

13. VRS

There y'go - now I'm depressed lol!

I had a +ve experience with the company between about Jan 2010 > August 2011 - since then I've been trying to catch up witha train to throw myself under, whilst King Nick lives it up royally on lobster at Davos...

I'm getting pretty sick of this tuna pate in squat tins with the picture of the kitty-cat on the front after a couple of years though now, it's got to be said...

14. long88

long88 Member

you probably get a quicker outcome when you bet on banker or player on baccarat table.. rather have to wait so long for this uncontrolled result.

15. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

16. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I see the other great Aussie Rare Earths opportunity of a lifetime is powering on like the rocket to outer space that it always was. Arafura Resources (ARU) had a ferociously loyal following that discouraged any dissent on forums.
    A rare earths mine in the NT that needed a complex +Billion dollars plant near a port a thousand kilometres away? - no problem. And the Israeli's will work out the complicated and expensive processing pathways. Glowing spread sheets from the technically knowledgeable. One permanently confident old fella would polish off his posts with the credo, "Patience! Time will tell. Always has, always will. Lock it up for your superannuation. I think I remember he came back after a long absence to say that he's been trading it to a free carry position anyway.

[​IMG]

17. VRS

Heading firmly for the low 20's/high teens now.

If it goes into administration ordinary s'holders will be wiped out - but Lucky Plucky Nicky Curtis and his sidekick Eric will be retained on big fat contracts won't they?

That's a given.

Ba5tards.

18. Gilligan

Gilligan Active Member

Ha, that'd be pirra. And kalmsg, Juk and a couple of others were in the bandwagon. I rode that wave, but after making some coin on it, made the mistake of falling in love with the stock and didn't sell the rest, which caned me... compass was the other flavour back then.

Memories. Lol

19. clear

clear Well-Known Member

good call, is anything stopping this from go below 10 cents?

20. clear

clear Well-Known Member

13.5 cents