Lunar Panda #4 Dog (Lucky's)

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by barsenault, Aug 23, 2017.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

I'm happy to announce that Lucky listened to the feedback of his customers and updated the dog design for the Lunar Panda Dog. I'm quite pleased. Initially, I had indicated I wasn't thrilled about his original dog selection. At some point, I'll post the dog he was initially going to use. All I can say is, I'm glad he listened and selected the teddy bear like dog, the Chinese Chow Chow. As you can see, he kept the same theme with the Pandas on the Great Wall. 1, 2, 3, and 4 all have similar styles of the panda/pandas on the wall.

It will be the same mintage as the others. And yes, the price for these beauties will of course be amazingly in expensive compared to other Lunar Dog Panda.

Silver Proof, Silver Antique and Gold.

Chow Chow is the ancient Chinese origin of Tibet, at least 2000 years of history. Some of the cultural relics in the Han Dynasty can also be seen. The real name is 獢 獢, Chow is to enter the foreign country, and returned to China's name.
    Chow Chow, often referred to as Chow, is a very old variety, probably because of its head resembles the lion named; Chow Chow set beautiful, noble and natural in one, a look of typical sad expression more fun The Now the lovely appearance of Chow Chow has been regarded as the ideal home pet, mainly as a companion dog. Weight about 20kg, height about 50 cm; more gentle style, can be used as hunting dogs, drag dogs, guard dogs, companion dogs use.

Attached Files:

kiona and Coins A-Z like this.
  2. barsenault

Presale price will be out soon. I'll just announce it, but you can deal directly with Lucky. I'm encouraging him to drop the price so low, that it makes our heads spin. o_O Same mint (Shenyang), same series, same mintage, similar concept, Same series...

Coins A-Z likes this.
  3. barsenault

The original Lunar Panda Series started by Lucky. #4. Dog. It's a coming!! As you can see, keeping with the theme of the panda on the wall. All four have the same look.

Attached Files:

4. Coins A-Z

Coins A-Z Active Member

I am very impressed with the high quality of most of the Chinese medals (especially the high relief designs) that have been produced over the past several years.

5. barsenault

The Original Lunar Panda Series started by Lucky: Goat, Monkey, Rooster and now Dog. The panda theme is consistent with the other 3, with the pandas behind the wall. The dog: Chow Chow. These can be purchased on www.luckpawnshop.com. I’m simply sharing the info. The proof is $130.00 and the antique is $222.00. Mintage is 499 and 99. Both Lucky’s and Andy’s dog are from the same mint - Shenyang, same concept, same series, same mintage, but one is multiples higher in price than the other, why? Something wrong with that picture. I’m not a sponsor of Lucky’s dog. As a matter of fact, this is the first year I will bow out of the series, and not buy any. I just think there are too many private sponsored pandas being produced by every Tom, Harry and Joe who has $$$ to do so. All the best.

Attached Files:

Coins A-Z likes this.
  6. Coins A-Z

Coins A-Z Active Member

Yes there is, IMHO, a market over saturation of mediocre design /quality panda theme medals and coins.

I'm very select in which designs I will support /buy and I don't much like the lack of creativity that I'm seeing with the panda theme.

Some of the most beautifully crafted and creative designs I've seen as of late are a few Chinese Opera medals in bass, copper, and silver....and I don't even know the first thing about Chinese Opera