LOT - LottoCoin

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by VRS, Dec 30, 2013.

1. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just put about $150 into this @ BTC 0.00055ea - a New Year punt on the low-fi logic that it's got an interesting mining model based on an hourly, half daily & daily 'Lotto' concept ie it's a bit of a game with prizes for miners - and the price is so low - rolled some of the LTC I made from SXC into it looking for leverage, and potential for use in online gaming (well, in theory anyway)

http://lottocoin.org/

2. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wow, and you thought dogecoin was bad? Atleast dogecoin was funny and everyone knew it was a joke....

3. Au-mageddon

Au-mageddon Active Member

lol funny that they seem to be acknowledging in the name how much of a lottery it has become with everybody piling in with their new crypto currency.

Last time I saw this many new offerings so fast it was dot.com and we all know how most of them ended up.

4. bring-the-silver

bring-the-silver Member

Actually this would be more like tens of thousands of different people all making their own version of the internet using the internet source and expecting it to stick..

Yeah this is much worse, it's like giving birth to the perfect being and leaving him next to an un-perfected cloning machine. The result is going to be a blood bath of poorly developed clones which people *insist* is going to be the next big hit... that is when crypto becomes a ponzi scheme

If you're going to invest in crypto invest in Bitcoin. If you want to make a coin which somehow links into a lottery, don't just make a normal website where people can play lotto and accept Bitcoin

I highly doubt the currency of the future is going to be lottocoin

Now on to more pressing matters, who wants to invest in my silvercoin?

5. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Dearie dearie me. Pull yourselves together girls - it's obviously a $150 short term punt on displaced miners wanting something for nothing - not 'the currency of the future' or 'the next big hit'. What utterly bizarre notions to suggest here in this context - my name isn't Wanklevoss - and $150 made off riding another minor cc several weeks ago isn't $11M.

6. bring-the-silver

bring-the-silver Member

The only way you can profit by playing the crypto market is by someone losing out.

Really the only way these cryptos gain value is through manipulation and speculation, you might have made money this time but you had just as good chance to lose out..

Also if you've already made $150 then I think it's safe to say the ship has sailed

7. Load of Bullion

Load of Bullion Well-Known Member

I've won and lost here and there. This applies to both my silver and cryptos. Plenty of speculation in both assets, especially on remarkable price movements.
    If I had sold my silver off at the right time, I would not be in a position where I'm 'holding the bag' (Silver above the current market price).

If the speculators were lining up again outside bullion stores like they were at the ABC bullion store in Sydney when silver was rocketing through the $30's and $40's I'd be a whole lot happier.
    Not that the physical market was necessarily driving the mania in 2011. I picked some silver up the other day - no lines - no mania :( .

8. brisbanecoin

brisbanecoin Member Silver Stacker

Hey mate, hope you left out a few zeros on that price! otherwise you will be waiting a while.

The way I read it he took $150in profits from his SXC trade and invested/speculated in lottocoin, and why not have a punt with some Free Carry! I will have a punt with some of my Netcoin profits, Good luck to All!

Also why did somebody have to lose? If a new stock is released and everybody invest in the Initial share offering and it doubles in price who lost out on the way up? (other then opportunity cost)