Looking to adopt

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by Darwin, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Darwin

Darwin Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As per the title, I'm chasing 2 items to give a new life in the tropics.

Because constant heat and oppressive humidity or cyclones and thunderstorms are still far more appealing than frost and wintery unpleasantness.

One is intended to be a gift for somebody, the other is ... well, it's a gift for myself.
    Because I can (although there's another kind of 'gift to myself' and it might be thought of as some other activity, but we won't go into that)

So first off, I'm looking for a 1988 $200 coin.
    You know, the one with the bicentennial of 1788 and stuff. The old Pommy fella doing the Pommy thing, looking regal and majestic and arrogant and completely out of place.

That one.

In the display box or flip, I'm not particularly fussed - as long as it's the correct year (ie. not 1987 or 1989 or any other year).
    Proof or not, I don't mind.
    I just want the thing. I'm selfish and stubborn like that.

DONE

The other item I'm still on the lookout for is an Engelhard silver bar.

Not the 1oz rounds, just the bar.

10oz, 20oz, 500g is possible too as is a kilo if it's for the right price.
    If you're even crazier than I am and you're happy to part with a 50oz or 100oz for a stupidly-low price such as might be paid for a kilo, I'll book you in for psychological evaluation in your nearest capital city...

Preference will be given to Engelhard Australia bars, but Engelhard London is acceptable and won't be frowned upon (unlike the Canadian or US versions which are simply not what I'm looking for).

Toned/marked/scored/blemished/scratched/ scraped/whatever-word-you-choose-to-apply is fine.

If delivery is to be after Christmas, that won't be any issue at all since the person for whom the gift part is intended won't actually be here until mid-January anyway (local government permitting) so it'll just take as long as it takes to get here.

PM me if you like, or put your offers (with pictures) here if you have any of these you'd be willing to part with.

EDIT
    And it's all sorted :)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    Boyscout, Silverling, SolidAg and 4 others like this.
  2. Bigfella

Bigfella Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

PM on its way.

serial likes this.