Looking for a display case / box for a 10oz Lunar Dragon Silver Coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by kevalie, Dec 8, 2011.

1. kevalie

kevalie Member

Hi I am planning to give a 10oz Lunar Dragon Silver Coin as a gift, the coin is in a capsule of course but am struggling to find a display case / box. Any of you guys have any idea where I can find a display case or any suggestion is welcome to make the coin more presentable, thanks :)

2. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. Dan Unda

Dan Unda Member Silver Stacker

Give the Perth Mint retail shop a buzz on 08 9421 7425 ...
    I had no difficulty getting a 1kg capsule & leatherette covered display case from there several months ago.. wasn't looking for 10 oz'ers, so didn't inquire about those...

If no joy there, have a look here http://www.air-tites.com/Air-Tite_Leatherette_Coin_Cases.htm

The LSB3 case to take 1x "Z" size capsule (3005-1Z) looks the goods... (might be pushin' your luck if you want it before Xmas though)..

Edit.. Seems the (Ser.2) 10oz Dragon is 85.6mm dia., so the case to suit the Air-Tite Z10 capsule will not be suitable (case would be fine, but the insert would not).. Sorry 'bout that :/

:)

4. kevalie

kevalie Member

Thanks for the informs guys, got in contact with the ebay guys and waiting for his reply hopefully it wouldn't cost that much it is custom made after all.

Thanks Dan Unda for the website, do you know if there's any similar website / store in Australia?

5. Dan Unda

Dan Unda Member Silver Stacker

Not that I'm aware of, though most coin dealers (especially the larger ones) would have a variety of coin storage / display options available...

How did you go with your search? find anything suitable?

I did find this http://www.jaggards.com.au/shop/viewproduct.asp?productid=2838&categoryid=49 obviously, it's for the "standard" (75mm) 10oz coins, so would not suit the larger ser. II lunars.. Wouldn't hurt to ask if they could do the insert to suit the larger coin/capsule..

Alternatively, this one http://www.jaggards.com.au/shop/viewproduct.asp?productid=2837&categoryid=49 (looks like the same case, different insert) could be adapted to suit.. A high-density foam strip (sticky-back stuff) of appropriate thickness 'round the outside of the cavity, and Bob's your mother's brother ;)

:)

6. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

Hello I have one for a series 1 10 oz , I dont think it will fit a series two.Which one do you need it for?

7. Anthony

Anthony New Member

75.5mm for S1 and 85.6mm for S2.

8. kevalie

kevalie Member

thanks but I need it for the Series II