Location, location, location!

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by Guest, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey GP!

I'm still on a quest for fellow countrymen and women that also hanker after the shiney stuff....not that you folks down under aren't great and everything but you're a bit far away to arrange any meets with on a semi regular basis.

Anyway, now and then I go into the userlist and have a wee look at the 'new members'.

I just wondered if in the list where headings include 'Username', 'Title', 'Posts' & 'Registered' it would be possible to include 'Location' so that I can see at a glance where members, that have included a location as part of the their profile information, are from rather than having to click on every individual user to find out.

Thank you! :)

2. silverminer

silverminer New Member

Its a great idea :)
    It would be great for us, as we are always looking for stackers from our region ;)
    Will help us a lot..

Thanks
    miner

3. Dandan

Dandan New Member

should rename it "silver stalkers" then

4. Guest

Guest Guest

:lol:

Shurrup!!! :D

If members don't want their location to be known then they simply don't include it in the profile details, as many choose not to do already.

I'm simply suggesting that when one looks in the userlist, IF a member has included a location in their profile, it could be seen at a glance.

This how it looks if I do a search of new members at the moment.

[​IMG]

All that I am suggesting is to add a 'location' field so that I don't have to look at individual profiles of members in order to find out where they are from (IF they have chosen to give that information).

Geddit? o_O

Yup, the way the total members numbers have been swelling over the past couple of months I think it would be a good idea to implement something like this because, as Silverminer indicates, it's harder for us folk in countries other than Aus to get in touch with one another due simply to there being less members who are non-Aus...but as you say, that may soon change.

I'd like to have the ability to easily see if there's other 'active' members in the UK who might be interested in doing meets similar to the Brisbane and Melbourne ones.

At the moment I am only aware of one other UK member that regularly contributes on this forum and that I have communicated with.

In short, it can get kind of lonely up this side of the globe. :(

5. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Yah,

I didn't put a smiley after my comment is all. lol

6. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Classic!

Sorry Ladybird, I gotta pay that one :D

7. silversardine

silversardine Member

I see Ladybird's point, but it is sort of amusing too.

Here in Au even if someone is in the same state it could be a 3 day drive to meet them. Or, 2 or 3 hours even if listed vaguely as ''Perth" depending on which end of the sprawl you find yourself living in.

To me it seems as if just being in the UK is the same location as all other UKers. Of course, I have a very limited idea of total distances to be travelled there.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I ken! It were a good 'un, I has to admit. :D

@silversardine

Och aye, I'm totally in agreement with you that there's a lot less distance involved if you want to travel to different counties of the UK than there is compared to travel in Aus or US, it's only about a day's drive from up here in the north of Scotland down to the south of England where London is.

Which is why it'd be good to know if there are UK stackers on here and where they are located coz it would probably be a damnsight more do-able to arrange meet ups for a group with the shorter travel distances involved.

The problem for me is finding any other UK stackers and trying to see where in the country they are located before I can get any kind of meets organised with regard to suitable venues etc. :/

9. alexisio

alexisio New Member Silver Stacker

This is a good thread for those that are over there to put their hand up. However, i too have wondered sometimes if others were close to me as i am not in a city. I agree with Ladybird it would help a lot.

10. silverminer

silverminer New Member

Yep!! and What about me NO INDIANS here!!
    It would be good if i can find one :)
    Thanks
    miner